www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so i was playing my local course today and got to hole 7. hole seven has a walking path about 30 feet to the right of the tee that goes along the whole side of the hole and is considered o.b. the walking path is pretty popular with other non-discing park goers. so today off the tee i threw about 200 feet down the fairway and it curved right at the end (bad throw for this hole) and skipped o.b. when it skipped across the sidewalk it skipped about 15 feet from this old lady walking along the path. it wasn't intentional (obviously) and i shouted heads up as it turned her way and apologized after i seen it skip past her. i have seen this happen many times before, by either me or friends i am playing with, and on many different holes and courses throughout the country and every person has been more then cool about it. not this lady. she preceded to pick up my disc and start walking away with it. i see this(still on the tee-box 200 feet away)and start jogging towards her. when i got closer to her i started asking her (calm and nice still, probably because it was a little old lady)what shes doing with my disc and explaining to her that this is a disc golf course and we were playing a game and i didn't mean to throw it at her. she ignores me and just keeps walking. i am starting to get mad and yell at her that she cant just take my disc. when i get about 20 feet from her she stops and throws the disc down the cliff that is next to the walking path and into the river(coincidentally, it was my river she picked up). i snapped out when she did that. i started screaming at her at the top of my lungs. such  things as what the f*** is wrong with you?!?!?, why would you f***ing do that?!?!? your f***ing crazy etc. and she just keeps walking away and the only thing she says is "you put my life in jeopardy!!" i then preceded to tell her that if she thinks her life is in jeopardy because of a disc flying by her fifteen feet away then don't walk around a f***ing disc golf course!!! she kept walking, and i stopped following her and went to fetch my disc and finish out the round fuming the whole time.

i am sitting at home and this is still bothering me. i cant believe this lady had the audacity to do that! i could understand if the disc hit her and she got mad( because it happened to me before) but i cant even justify it because it really didn't even come that close to her. is she really that miserable that she's gotta try to ruin the good time i am having? like, if you were walking around in the park and some kids were having a catch with a football and the one kid overthrows it to the other and it lands near you are you going to pick up that ball and take it??? no normal person would do that. i really hate people sometimes. anybody ever have something like this happen to them ever while they were playing?

Views: 980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that a profuse and sincere apology may have dissuaded her from tossing yer disc into the river.

Remember, sincerity is key. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.

I can't believe that you acted that way to a little old lady and you should be ashamed of yourself sir, how would you feel if you went to see your grandma and she told you some guy started dropping F-Bombs up and down her grill while she took a walk in the park. The only thing that could make this story any wrose is if you told us you pushed her down the cliff and told her to go get your disc back,Thats just wrong on a lot of levels man and you should look for her when you play next time and Apologize for your actions.
No need to get the cops involved.  They have better things to do.
that is a great picture Norbert lol
totally agree !!
Dang !!!

So, you yelled and cussed out a "little Old Lady" after you almost just smoked her with your disc. What is wrong with YOU!? have you ever heard of respect for your elders. If I would have seen you yell at an old lady like that you would have went in the river which sounded so deep after you just got your disc and finished your round. Oh yeah 200' drive you sound like a real man, jerk off

have you ever heard of respect people's property?? you don't just steal something because you don't like how somebody is using it. i would like to see how you would react if somebody stole your disc off the ground and walked away with it, old lady or not. and if your ignorant ass could read maybe you would have understood that it was a shitty shot and not a normal drive for me and thats why it went 200 feet and way off the hole. and i wish you were there and tried to get tough you would have made my day. fucking internet gangster
the funny thing is there were a bunch of people there walking and sitting on the benches who witnessed it and they all said after i was done yelling that i was right and she had no right to do that and she was out of line so fuck off Steve
everybody that i have explained this situation to that plays the course completely understands and sides with me. i guess most of you wont understand the situation unless you knew the aforementioned hole in question(which is understandable) i am done defending myself against people that just want to sit on their computers and talk shit or sit around and act like Socrates with their wise words of wisdom. people that like to pick and choose two sentences out of my post that fit their agenda and completely ignore the rest of my posts that more likely then not contradict what they are saying. this post was started to inform people about one lady's outlandish behavior, not to persecute me for throwing when people were on a walking path next to a hole. my action of throwing when i did was not in question for it was already decided before i posted this (by me, the group i was playing with, and fellow disc golfers that i ran into after the fact)that i was totally justified in my throwing. thank you to every one who understands the situation and for those who don't, well i don't care what you think.
Yesterday in broomfield ,colorado at Omni Interlocken dgc i hit a birdie over 150 ft, it felt so good. i finished 2 under that round. my previous rounds were terrible. if i could just learn to drive farther my game would be so good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968