www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When you get an ace, come on home and brag on this thread.

Tags: ace, hole, in, one

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got an ace at #1 on Oshtemo (Kalamazoo, MI) today.
Forehand skip into the chains!
My last shot of 2008 was an ace. With the sun setting on Dec. 31, I was emptying my bag on the last hole on the course. I got to the last driver in the bag--my headwind roller disc. I had a headwind and about 330' slightly uphill. I gave my roller disc (a broken in star Orc) a lot of hyzer and a lot of air. It flipped up and over just a bit, stalled out above the basket, and dropped right in.

The hole was #9 at Tierra Park in Lincoln, NE from the blue tee. For those of you who know the hole, I used the "small gap" route.

Very sweet way to end the year. Off to edit my profile!
never been there,never got an ace....yet (an akronym for Your Eligable Too) but in my minds eye i could see that puppy doing that kinda float & fall thing not unlike a luner landing.....beautiful shot thanx 4 sharing
Matt,
Congrats on your ace, but to me the drama is not there. Some say "an Ace is an Ace", but you had to empty out your bag to do it. As I have played with Mr. Blaze before, I believe he skipped his in on the first attempt at the basket. I see the joy and surprise are there in that moment.
K.
I agree... an ace should only be a real ace if you do it on your initial tee shot. Or if you have agreed in casual play to do a mulligan every 9 holes or something, you can do it then. But still, a great shot man!
hit my first today hole #16 radcliff dgc radcliff, ky
hyzer shot with a wraith banged right in
i got my first ace back in oct. it was at arcadia #2 in fort worth basket 3 par 3 it is 325 ft long, everything just seemed right when i threw the disc. but havent been able to do it again.
congrats man, the first one is the toughest imo.

ethan harbolt said:
hit my first today hole #16 radcliff dgc radcliff, ky
hyzer shot with a wraith banged right in
I got one on 12/31/08 bandemer park hole 7 red tee (Ann Arbor)
I know this may be getting a little technical for this thread being as many of us are playing fairly casually on most of our day to day rounds. However, I think the official definition of an ace requires the throw to be your first shot on that hole from the designated teeing area, during an actual round. My friend hit, what he thought was an ace, one day at a private course. He was throwing multiple discs from a tee next to our lunch area between rounds, and boom, second throw crashed the chains we all cheered and he was excited. It was a great shot and fun to watch but by no means worthy of the ace pot or marking that the first ace on that hole. I think we labeled it a practice ace, and we all congratulated him on his amazing practice shot.

Ken Long said:
Matt,
Congrats on your ace, but to me the drama is not there. Some say "an Ace is an Ace", but you had to empty out your bag to do it. As I have played with Mr. Blaze before, I believe he skipped his in on the first attempt at the basket. I see the joy and surprise are there in that moment.
K.
Mike - I completely agree with you on your definition of what an ace really is...but as the creator of this thread I have no problem with people explaining sweet "practice aces" either. For example, Matt's last shot of 2008 being a "practice ace" was pretty awesome to hear about and I think this thread is a good place for him to brag about it. If its a lame practice ace on the 150' hole you play everyday then I don't really see much of a point in posting it, but cool practice aces are welcome as far as I'm concerned (and I don't think you would disagree Mike).

Mike said:
I know this may be getting a little technical for this thread being as many of us are playing fairly casually on most of our day to day rounds. However, I think the official definition of an ace requires the throw to be your first shot on that hole from the designated teeing area, during an actual round. My friend hit, what he thought was an ace, one day at a private course. He was throwing multiple discs from a tee next to our lunch area between rounds, and boom, second throw crashed the chains we all cheered and he was excited. It was a great shot and fun to watch but by no means worthy of the ace pot or marking that the first ace on that hole. I think we labeled it a practice ace, and we all congratulated him on his amazing practice shot.

Ken Long said:
Matt,
K.
Oh, I totally agree Blaze. I wasn't trying to knock anybody’s practice ace, like I said they are still fun to throw and watch.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968