www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For some or other reason I cant throw drivers in good quality plastic.
Got myself a valkyrie in DX and in went like a bomb. Idiot here has a practice drive and i hit a pole about 1.5 metres away, disc literally has a fold in it. So I ordered 2 valkyrie champions, I may as well be driving with the putter.
Have the same problem with Discraft,
It seems as soon as I go to a softer compound the disc just wont go.
Does anyone else experience this?
As i said it might be a mental thing, just feel like a harder disc will go further.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, thanks everyone for the great tips. And it makes sense, i thought i wasnt getting any distance because of flight characteristics but the grip argument makes perfect sense, that DX felt so nice in my hands, besides the better grip, you feel like you are going to throw it a long way.

RE the pine tar, ill ask around for it, baseballs not big here, but big enough for the major sports stores to have it im sure. Hmm windex, the equivelant product here is something called Windolene, ill give it a go.

As for all the deer comments, its a STAG dammit :) thats the name of the very first DG club we have started here, although the names up for review. Ive just installed linux on my PC so once i get the photies on here ill update

Once again , thanks all, im off to go teach a class now :( all my buddies are playing at the moment, work interferes with DG far too much.
What is a meter? translate into english from deer please.
Without really reading the other posts my first inclination is to say that your dx plastic is probably moderately worn and much less stable than champ and star plastic. Used Dx plastic is generally very forgiving and even hyzer releases will flip up and fly nice and straight. If you think this is the case, and you do want higher quality plastic, you may want to try some discs on the understable side, e.g., avenger SS, roadunners, monarchs, etc.. You might even try some star or champ plastic that show some significant wear.
In poetry, the meter (or metre) is the basic rhythmic structure of a verse. Many traditional verse forms prescribe a specific verse meter, or a certain set of meters alternating in a particular order. Prosody is a more general linguistic term, that includes poetical meter but also the rhythmic aspects of prose, whether formal or informal. The scansion of a poem is the analysis of its metrical structure.....
hope that helps ;)
Otherwise its a unit of measurement that the entire world except the US has adopted :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968