www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you listen to? Do you have a certain kind of music you always listen to while playing? If you listen to different kinds of music is there one kind that helps you focus/puts you in the zone? Also who's you favorite band? And last but not least who is a band that you think is awesome but others may not be familiar with?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During a tourney they have become needed. Ever have a round with a guy that is just glowing with bad attitude? First time I put them in and could zone out in my music. He stopped affecting me. But when I am with friends I don't even think about the tunes.
when i do listen to music on the course, it is usually red hot chili peppers. cant go wrong
Thank you for being considerate. I was in a tourney this year and asked the loud radio guy to please not play his radio while I was on the pad. Asshat would turn it off AS I would step up on to the pad. Isn't there something in the rules?
I think there is, but in the lower levels its almost become an understanding that someone will have a set of little speakers with them. I used to play mine, I always asked people if they cared first and I had it so low that even I could barely hear them. UNTIL, we had a 2 day at a course that is really far from any main roads. Even as low as I keep it, it was kinda loud. One of the guys asked me to turn it off, which is why I had headphones in my bag. I noticed that my focus was a lot better once I put them on. If I am with my buddies and we are not being super competitive that day, its not abnormal to steal the disc from each others hand or get an acorn to the head while putting. So the music is at the bottom of the list of things to be concerned about.
i've got my ipod stocked full of reggae, Grateful Dead, and all kinds of good hippie shit! with some cool little speakers i can plug it into and then they clip onto my bag. sometimes i gotta turn it down just because not everybody i throw with prolly enjoys the same music or may not like to listen to music as they play. generally on casual rounds nobody minds though, but ultimately it's all about consideration for everyone on the course. if i have the course to myself.....i blast it!
Voices inside my head
Echoes of things that you said
Voices inside my head
Voices inside my head
Voices inside my head
Don't listen while playing that often. I like to talk to the other golfers when it's proper. When I do listen it's 90% Rush.Once you listen to the best, the others are just filler. Some others on my ipod...Primus, The Who, Led Zep. Tool, Hendrix etc... I guess the one you might not have heard of is Femi Kutti. It's a band from South Africa, but they have reggae undertones. Very cool band.
Electronic Dance Music.
Check "best of Beatport".
Makes no difference to me as long as it isn't car-alarm techno.
I do not have any one kinda music I like, just way to many good types out there. It's more about how I feel that day... some days it's folk or blue grass... hard rock, and on and on... I don't feel any one kinda of music makes me play better or worth. I can putt with Tool or Bob Dylan... take your pick. It's all good!

Remember you are not the only one out there, make sure your tunes are not to loud, and take your trash out with you! Also feel free to pick up at least a little of the other guy that just leaves his cans behind!
Just don't have it Cranked up so the whole group can hear you.
Stranger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968