www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I hear that Innova ripped off its new caddy pack design from a player who attended the worlds

Especially weird considering the name of the company. I recently made a caddy pack with a aluminum folding camp stool for six bucks. Does anyone know anything about this? In my opinion it makes the discarrier superior to revolution and mystery ranch for the simple fact you can sit on it. Furthermore I saw a innova prototype bag that had a block in the middle that doubled as a bench but it never came out. Is it because they ripped off this kids design???????

Tags: caddy, disc, innova

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well unless you have a design patent,tough luck.
you could look at it as being ripped off, or Innova simply mass producing these so they are available to all disc golfers around the world. Business can be dirty, but I can tell you this happens all the time. I think typically companies do not invent products. They get ideas from what they see out there.
You can sit on the Gorilla Boy Simian
I just use my Bag Boy Cart with a seat !
lazy Americans get off your butts and throw some plastic
It is very possible the Innova took liberty in making their chair setup.
Don't know all the facts.

If you can look back in your time machine, look at where disc golf roots came from.... the Frisbee and a variation of it.

Also look a Phenix Quad Shocks, Innova tried to use it to make their own.
The Innova 'backsaver' is the compromise that they finally came up with.
There was time with a 'settlement' style of legal things between Innova and Phenix years ago.
But understand that the Quad Shocks is patented.... that is what saved them for Phenix.

I hope that Innova has given whoever came up with the 'original design' some incentives.
The stool/backpack idea is not an original concept, ice fisherman have been using them for years. So to say that Innova stole the idea would not be accurate. And to change the concept and adapt it for your sport is just good business.
This is one of the few different versions of a stool / backpack combo.
http://www.armyuniverse.com/woodland-camouflage-backpack-stool-comb...
A bag with a frame making a seat were made in Colorado about 10 years ago by a guy named Steve Coltriano as a Shark Cage. This isn't even close to a new idea.
has anyone ever invented a backpack that has a built in seat though?
The shark cage had one. I'll try to dig up a photo

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968