www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ive got an innova star sl but want more D with it is there a disc that can go further?

ive been playing a very wooded course with some really long holes any suggestions?

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lazer beam shot... i'd pull out the putter.. I can aslo throw a buzz or wasp real straight.. if you are looking for a good straight driver then you may need to check out a stalker.. I personally don't carry a stalker, but I have seen several long straight shots made with the stalker by others.

I have been getting some nice lines with my  beat up champion beast, also a beat up star wraith. There are a lot of disc that can be throw further, but discs like the destroyer, boss, katana, and nuke need more speed to travel further.  If you bump up too far from the SL, I think you could lose the nice straight shot that you are looking for.

Star leopard out of the box holds a line like a roc or buzz. Once beat in they are very understable though. Any kind of Teebird or Leopard are usually pretty stable!
Stalker
Any type of Tee Bird (I'm partial to the 11x ) or a new Glo Leopard
ditto.  i say a stalker.  For those laser shots, I always disc down.  Although I have had a few straight/great shots with a NUKE, it is much easier, and safer to go with a shorter disc. I either use a Stalker, Buzzz, or Wizard
so is the stalker longer than an  innova sl?

I don’t understand the responses to this discussion. You ask for advice on a disc that you can throw for more distance then an SL and the responses all seem to be slower discs. How does throwing a slower disc will give you more distance?

I would recommend a Rouge it's slightly faster than the SL and about the same stability according to the Marshal Street’s Flight Guide.  I have a p-line Rouge and my son has an star SL, we both prefer the Rouge. 

I've played some very wooded courses in Vermont and my favorite disc for long straight shots is my Star Valkyrie which I feel is the best driver for about 60% of my tee shots, I do use the Rouge on longer more open holes.

I just tried the Vulcan the other day. Very straight and long. It's Katana and Nuke long, but it does have a pretty good skip at the end. The majority of my practice throws were dead straight.
Want more Distance ?   Try going to a Open Field and try out the disc's you have with Different angles thrown on them. I have thrown the DGA Rogue and it's pretty Flat Flyer.  I also throw a beat in Dyed Champion Viking which is my go to Thread-the-Line Disc !!!!

What about the halo from lat 64?

Have you ever heard the saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch"?  Well, it's true in disc golf, too.  As much as I have dreamed of the perfect disc, which flies a mile, dead straight, I've never encountered such a thing.  Why?  Because it doesn't exist.  A faster disc may fly farther, but will turn and fade more.  A slower disc may fly straighter, but it will only go so far. 

Given this (perhaps unfortunate) set of facts, my suggestion would be to compromise, which seems like what you're already doing with your SL.  My choice for shots like this is almost always a beat in Champion Teebird, thrown as a hyzer-flip, although other stable, beat in discs may work great for this shot as well.  Once you've learned your disc and gotten the hang of throwing it with hyzer angle and letting it flip up to flat, this is a pretty consistent shot.  I won't promise that you'll be parking any 450 ft. tunnel shots this way, but you'll end up in the middle, and score lower, much more often than if you go for ace runs with a faster disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968