www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am attending the conference of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, a 3-year old organization that I helped to found. We expect nearly 2,000 people to attend.

I have a poster session Monday afternoon (4:30–5:45) extolling the "green" and sustainable virtues of disc golf BUT I now have to be somewhere else in the building (the convention center) at the same time! Aargh!

If you live near there and you would be willing to stand by a colorful poster during a reception and answer questions from a lot of very nice people about disc golf, PLEASE contact me ASAP!

- Terry Calhoun, (734) 355-0431, splendid@umich.edu

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you go mike make us proud bro.
Haha.. Thanks Chris. I appreciate the compliments dude. I believe the more disc golfers that want to help out the better. Especially when the poster gets a lot of attention. Rob can talk to some people.. I can talk to some people about the game. It should be a lot of fun. Rob is pretty experienced when it comes to the game so I'll be asking him questions as well. haha
If you ever need a LEED AP just let me know...
This the poster layout I ended up with. "In the flesh" the poster is four feet high and four feet wide.

More later, but the poster session went well. Mike and Robert reported tons of interest from people. They brought in a portable basket and some putters, too, it *almost* went wild for a moment :)
It was a lot of fun Terry. I enjoyed the time talking to a lot college students who play ultimate and people from all of the U.S. It's wasn't a problem bringing in the basket and putters. The bright colors magnified people to the poster. It worked like we planned.
Wow, especially Mike and Robert, we did good.

Apparently some of the staff of the AASHE organization loved what they learned about disc golf being such a sustainable sport that having a conference-related disc golf tournament in Indianapolis next fall has already been discussed by its board of directors! :)
Nice !! just make sure you're poster exhibit has at least 30 ft for putting demonstrations. hahaha.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968