www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got some of the discs requested and still not total distance wanted think it might be my form.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Watch the discraft vid called more distance now. There are some great tips on there.
So hard to give info on the web. It could do you no good or even make you take a few steps back. The site that helped me out the most when I first started was discgolfreview.com. Very good instructional articles. As for discs...how long have you been playing? and how far are you throwing at this time?
I have been playing for two to three years. maybe 200 to 250 yards
600-750 feet??? This kid doesn't need help from us we should be asking him what to do.
Even with that distance i still need to hit 100 foot putts not so easy. So i am looking mainly for 50 yards.
you mean feet my friend
sorry
Tim,
Check out the sites below, watch the discraft videos on their main site and maybe pickup the Feldberg/Climo video along with Scott Stokely's 3 disc set. If these things don't help you then nothing will.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles.shtml

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/technique.shtml
I went out to practice after i checked out each site and they helped me so much thanks.
are you throwing everything on the market or are you throwing where your game is at,at this time,something to be considered,maybe thats where your game is right now,maybe step down a disc and you might get some results,the big disc that come out on the course on a weekly basis arent made for everyone.and so are you throwing 250feet,or 550feet,hole distance is in feet in discgolf....its unclear in your post..its a progressive task getting distance
There are several things that most people do not seem to realize thay are NOOOOOOOOOOOT doing when they struggle with distance.

1. Are you throwing across your chest? i.e. You want the disc to come across your nipples, sorry ladies, it is what it is.
2. Are you reaching back far and turning your hips around as well? i.e. I reach back waaaay far and come through.
3. How's your snap?? I tell people to act like they are popping a towell on someone. To me it is a good visual.
4. Are you following through? You cant just grip it and rip it without a good follow through. Bring your arm around THROUGH your throw.
5. Is your run up in good timing with your release?? A good throw is a bang bang bang scenario. Run up, plant, pull!! and of course follow through.

My main thing seems to be a good follow through for added distance.

I would recommend speed 9 or 10 drivers that are a little understable. Beast, Surge, Valk, Avenger SS, Roadrunner/Sidewinder. Watch a lot of videos and relate to them on the course.
For the record I posted about 2 hours ago, then just watched this video and it is ONNNN POINT!!! discraft video of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgn6Os4YSW0

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968