www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got some of the discs requested and still not total distance wanted think it might be my form.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the video Dan Beato posted on youtube. I think it's titled working from the hit back..??.. It has good info, it may be worth while for you.
I was where you were on distance last year unless I used a forehand shot. Now, I'm getting 300 consistently with my backhand and going bigger occasionally. A couple of things have helped me. First of all, snap the towel, literally. Get a wet towel and practice until you get it snapping good. That is the type of snap you want as you release the disc. Next, nose flat! The leading edge of my disc was up and this slowed down my disc and sent it too high. If I remember to push down slightly with my thumb (my thumb is near the edge of the rim), I can get my disc to parallel the ground better and the disc lifts due to its airfoil shape. For power, I use the mental image that I am throwing my hand at the target instead of the disc, it sounds weird, but it works for me. My longest disc at present is an R-Pro Boss, but its a tricky disc, if I don't release it with enough hyzer, it will turn over too hard and crash into the ground. A better choice imho is a Discraft Impact. It holds a straight line very well when released with hyzer and I can throw it as long as my other drivers (except that Boss). Oh yeah, don't forget to practice driving with your putters. It can be frusterating sometimes, but a putter won't go anywhere unless your form is decent. Hope that helps.
Have someone shoot video of your driving form, then you can compare it to what you see on the discraft video's. Seeing your form from a different perspective can be very helpful.
Some good advice here already. I'll add that if you're serious about improving, focus one one "point" at a time til it's muscle memory. I'm no pro, but I suggest:
grip
nose down
pulling into the armpit
follow through

though it seems to me the last ones are most important, without proper grip and pulling into the body, they don't do much good. Also, there does seem to be an equation for putter d = ____ distance with mid/fairway/driver, but it seems that distance has more to do with high apex while nose down then the disc itself.
Oh, I would suggest a cyclone. It's versitile, nose angle forgiving, easier to get up to speed, and capable of distance well over what you're quoting now. I feel 100% confident throwing it on hole 2 @ farm at founders(water hole)
If you prefer innova, gazelle or eagle
Start by throwing Understable discs , before you throw Overstable discs. Much easier.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968