www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

please send me some pictures of you favorite courses/holes. im working on getting a new course but the person im dealing with knows nothing about disc golf. i need some good pic's so i can show them what good courses have to offer. you can send them to my disg golfer r us page or my e-mail or roedell_terry@yahoo.com

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

been there
What is the terrain like? Heavily wooded? Rolling hills? Water Hazards?
little bit of all
You want to use the terrain so that throws are made in a very natural way. In other words you need to walk the property and think to yourself where good tee locations would be and where good hole locations would be. Bring along a top quality player for advice. I also suggest thinking about "signature" holes. What area really sticks out when you walk through? Is there a huge tree somewhere or a water hole? Can you utilize a par 4?

There is a course here in Colorado Springs that was put in on great land but in my opinion poorly designed. The land stretches on both sides of a creek but there are only a couple of places to get across. So play only goes up one side and then crosses over and plays the other side. The course is in a big valley yet there are no holes that take advantage of that valley. I can only imagine throwing some huge bomber shots from elevation across that valley to the other side. I have wanted to go out and play a Safari round there but the lack of creek crossings prevents even that. So I don't play there anymore because I find the course uninteresting.

The point here is to be creative and don't just try to jam 18 holes in. Get a top quality player involved and be creative. See if you can put something in that people will remember.

BTW my favorite course is probably Sipapu, New Mexico. It's on a ski slope and works its way to the top of the mountain. The signature hole is #18. Straight downhill 800 feet. You don't forget that one.
thanks and i im using Greg Hosfield, 2 time world champion to help with the course.
Sounds good!
Waller Pines in Santa Maria , California is pretty !!
Warwick

Buzzy's

Two very different courses but i love them both.

Eurotour Sula Open 2010 from hassimuss on Vimeo.

Sula - Norway
i got some

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968