www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I took a 16 on Friday. What was your worst score on a hole during a round of golf.

I've read some fun stories about high scores at the USDGC. I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to share their personal disasters.

I'll start it off with my personal worst. Last Friday I had a quintuple circle (five OB's) 16 on a hole here in PA. I threw my second shot OB and tried four more from the same spot trying to go out over the OB area and up to the basket. I gave up before it got really ugly and played the safe pitchout and went back up the middle.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was an 11 or a 13 - I can't remember I was sooooo mad.
I managed to hack my way to an "8" snowman on Water Works #5 (short left) in the final round of the 2008 version of the KC Flying Disc Club Championships. I was actually "in the running" until then. Not long after I was seen "running" away from the course. Mad? No. Tired from the hike? Yes.
i think my worst is an 11 at Oshtemo during league. lost a disc on #15 and re-teed and took a 6 because i was pissed. i went back the next day and found my disc, from where it was i could of had a 2 or easy 3. oh well.
My worst is a 7 over at Napa
Shameful
4 circle 10! I knew I could hit the shot. :)

With no OB, a snowman.
I had a 15 in ball golf once, on a 340-yd downhill hole with OB on the left -- 1 OB off the tee (excessively hooked drive) -- then hooked tee shot into left rough on the side of a hill -- followed by 5 OBs into a pond guarding the hole. Finally a shot to 10' from the pin & 1-putted to save a 15.

The next time I played the hole (a week later), I hit a great drive to 20 yards in front of the green and chipped in for a 2.

At Iowa Worlds, I threw 3 in the water off the tee (headwind) on the way to a 10 on a hole at the DMACC Temp Course. All 3 discs were less than 3' from shore.
I took two 7's in a bag-tag final last Sunday at Sea-Tac. No OB's, just kept shooting from trouble to trouble. I was basically learning course management the hard way.
i once took a double circle 8 in the second round of our biggest tournament(which i was in the lead until that happened) needless 2 say it sucked the big one
I don't remember ... I make a habit of forgetting this kind of stuff very shortly after it happens. Poof! ... Gone!

True, this get's easier after you turn 50. ;)
Chad dude what happen? What course in PA. Hope to see you at Cracked Plastic. Worst ever was 9 - three OB's. water no less.

Philip Shelton
I took a 8 in a tournament,2 shots o.b. no reason, other than a brain fart.
Chaz! Don't throw it over there -------------------------------> !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968