www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I asked a few golfers what they thought about an ice bowl at Weatherford and the initial response was very good. Now I'd like to braoded the scope and see what a few more people think.
I know this is a little late to plan it but I wanted to wait to see if Brice and the Crowley golfers were going to run an ice bowl first and it appears they are not so more than likely Weatherford will.
I would like to suggest the Pythian Home in Weatherford for our charity. If you don't know, it is a local orphanage that can always use food for the pantry and money for other needs. I think this would be a fine charity to sponsor, what do you think?
I'm also thinking about a 25.00 entry with each paid entry recieving either a disc (most likely a Roc or Destroyer) or a shirt (not sure if a long sleeve tee or sweatshirt yet). The rest of the entry will go to the charity we select. Also, I'm thinking about having a trophy made for the winner of each division and offering six divisions. Open, Adv, Int, Rec, Womens, and Masters.
Remember this is for charity and this is a great way for each of us to give to those less forturate. So, bring a few canned or dry goods and come out and help those in need.
Together, we can all make a difference.

Tags: bowl, charity, ice, tourney

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

right on dave...me likey...
When I got home from work yesterday, there were two huge boxes of Ice Bowl Merchandise at the house. I'm taking sign-ups now so if there is something you want, sign up soon.
Special thanks to Brice for what is sure to be some awesoem looking trophies.
THANK YOU to all the people who showed up to play. Thank you to everyone that brought food, what a pile of groceries that was. They were very thankful and again wanted me to extend a welcome to the Grand Opening for the new playground on March 6th at 2pm.
did we reach the goal of $1,000 and 500 pounds of can goods? i know the can goods had to be close cause that picnic table was full
Money was a little shy but the food was way heavy.
I received three thank you cards from the kids at the Pythian Home. One from each of the dorms and they were awesome. They loved the Ice Bowl Minis we sent them and commented with stuff like "you rock". I'll post some pictures of them soon.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968