www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I ve noticed that the payouts in Idaho are  much higher percentage than most of the other states  (except mich,and texas.) We have a small player base here yet we pay more out to our pros and ams. For example the treasure valley cup 16 pros paid out to 6th place first was $390 and 6th got 80$  Other tourneys need 40 or so pros to get that kind of money. ( The tvc had no extra cash sponsors, just merch. sponsors) Yet I was able to payout almost 175%.   Why is this ?

http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=10106       

vs this one   and this one is a B TIER

http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=9953  

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's sounds like you have honest people runnning your tournaments. Most organizers feel like they deserve something special for running stuff. Hasn't disc golf already given us all so much?
Props to Idaho,love playing in this great state.
What was the cost to enter the tourny?
We need more information in order to compare the payout for two events. Nate N's implying the TD of the other event is not honest was totally uncalled for and unfounded. Most TD's I know lose money!!

What were the entry fees for the events? Did either event have to pay any park fees? Did either event have trophies - did they cost the same amount? Did either event have to pay fees to local clubs or a Series fee? Did either event provide any player packs? We can't fairly compare payouts, when we can't compare income and expenses!!

So Cal Championships paid $1100 to LA County Parks just to host the tournament - how much did Idaho event pay to reserve the park? So Cal Champs also paid $2.00 per player to the So Cal Series for fees - how much fees did you (or the actual TD of record, Don Richter) have to pay to the local organization? So Cal Champs paid more in expenses in advance of the event than entire Pro purse of the Idaho event. Plus all pro players at So Cal Champs received a player pack with a custom embroidered polo shirt, Champion disc and lunch! This event paid out 148% --- 209% if you count the player packs!! And that is AFTER paying expenses!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9674

Apples to Oranges my friend!!!
50$for pro 40$ for ams 5$ dollar park fee , insurance fee also. You pay the local organazations for what? ( our org. is non profit ) Pro dont get big player packs c mon. They play for money cold hard cash is the name of the game if your a pro. I dont go to a tourney for the player pack, Don't know one player that does.Plus I would expect Cali to do like you say they are the birthplace of the game . So props to so Cal
$1100 FOR A PARK . thats a lot of $$$$ I would find a different venue, if you can.
I love Idaho disc golf. I think Idaho disc golfers have done a great job installing courses and providing quality events all over the state and you have made a lot of friends along the way. You guys have some great TDs, players packs and trophies. Keep up the hard work. I know I will be making the trip this season for some of that cash!
Some of the other parks are actually more expensive. Wintertime Open at Oak Grove Park paid $3,600 for permits this year - and they didn't even get exclusive use of the park.

So Cal Series events pay a $2.00 fee for player. Series fees are used to pay for year end awards for the top players and volunteer TD's.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968