www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today I took my son who is 2 out to Bandemer for a nice casual round before my wife got home from work. I had him in a stroler to keep him from running off and getting in other peoples way. Not once but 3 times either him or I came close to getting hit from impatiant people. If a group is faster than me I will let them thru on the next tee if I know they are back there.
The first time was on hole 5. I was getting ready to finish up my putt and then a disc came slideing thru my leggs. The second one was on hole 7. I was in view of all the tees in the middle of the fairway. I had a disc skip up and hit the under side of the stroler where my kid was sitting. The last time it happened was on hole 8. The disc actualy skipped off the sun visor of the stroler. All were way too close to my son for comfort. The worst part of it all nobody yelled out FOUR.
Three different times 3 different groups. I just don't understand some people.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Every disc golf course ive ever been to has this problem. Because every disc golf course ive been too (over 100) is poorly marked with the rules of play and courtesy. I think the pdga should make available a standard BIG PRINT sign thats goes over rules and courtesies. I play in a park were hundreds of people are and can not believe the parks dont assume responsability.If not our sport will go down as the sport that killed some kid.
Time to get the little tyke a helmet! I've seen people go nuts when their kids were nearly hit, glad you kept your cool. Bandy seems worse than many in this regards, since there are so many tees and some are tucked away so shots are blind. Probably more the idiot factor than design, though. I'd suggest you carry a nice pointy walking stick so you can return their discs without having to bend over.
I play this course a lot and very rarely get thrown on but if it were to happen to me. I will yell not clear if that doesn't seem to work I will walk there discs back to them and ask politely to wait. The other day I was at lakeshore playing a cali round with a friend and someone got mad at the wait so i purposely threw my cali which was unneeded and glared back at them.
one of my friends likes to yell " this hole is not clear yet ladies!!" at the top of his lungs when this happens.
we never get another shot thrown at us after this.
cassidy i am sorry this happened to you, for the local disc golf scent i am sorry and glad that you are ok.
I can't support the idea but i like the hole appeared in a disc idea most, LOL.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968