www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My friends and I are going to be taking a trip to Idlewild on Oct 24th this month. I played this course about 2 months ago. The last time I played the baskets had been moved up. I read somewhere that they held a tournament recently and had moved the baskets all the way back. Is there someone who has played this course lately that can give me the scoop on the current placement?

Thanks in advance

Rodger

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd go play tomorrow and let you know but it's supposed to rain here for the next few days.
Thanks I really appreciate it.

Rodger
I was the one who wrote about the pin locations being moved way back. I almost guarantee that they didn't get left that way. I'm pretty sure that was a rare thing for them to do that. Most every time I have been up there they are all pretty much in the short or middle pin on most holes. I do know that Hole 2 has multiple pins that stay out all the time. As far as conditions go, that place drains really well. I played a practice round in pouring down rain and it wasn't that bad. A little slick on some of the hills but otherwise good. They really take care of that course up there so condition wise I can't ever imagine it being in bad shape!
Except it's going to rain for the next 4 days. :)
The course is well maintained, Russell is correct, and the land it self helps with the drainage.
I agree but would also add that if you're in town for the weekend also check out the Mt Airy course.
Thanks everyone for the info. When I came down from Dayton last time I hit Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge/Banklick. I met a local at Idlewild and we had a blast playing both courses. I made the mistake of skipping lunch and Lincoln Ridge ate me up for it. I'm planning on doing the same thing again this time with a few friends.

Thanks again
Rodger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968