www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you had the freedom to uproot and move anywhere, would you choose a state/area with densly populated discgolf or would you choose a special discgolf course and settle with it?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

San Diego , California !!!!! Are you Kidding me !!!!! I Play Disc Golf Year around in 70 degree weather without Bugs !!!!!
I'm in donny!! That sounds sweet to me!!
Defiantly Cali
Man, If I could only take the California weather up to British Columbia! I've NEVER had a bad time up there. However they did threaten to kidnap me, because every time I go. It's sunny and in the 70's lol!!!
I've been on a walk about for the past couple years, but I haven't found a place with the Northern Cal. vibe. If only they were able to get the state of Jefferson approved. I would leave CA in a heart beat!
Hey Donny,
I have been to San Diego. It seemed like a nice place but I don't recall a lot of choices for disc golf courses. The discgolfscene.com website has service that tells you how many courses are near a given location.

So I punched in my address in Brighton, Michigan and set the parameters at courses within 50 miles. The site claimed there were 64 courses. It didn't include private courses and I know of a bunch more in this area.

Then I punched in San Diego, CA with a 50 mile parameter. Wanna guess how many choices it claims are available?
Where I would go. Back home to Florida. Great DG Down there and good weather.
The Greater Cincinnati/N Kentucky area should be in the running. We have 30+ courses in this area, Idlewild being one of them, then you're 45 minutes from Dayton Ohio that has a few nice courses. So a 50 mile radius makes the course count over 50.... Living expenses are low here compared to Cali and most other parts of the country.
If I could live anywhere, I would spend my summers in Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin on a lake or river and live the rest of the year in Southern California. The people in the Midwest are friendly & caring and the quality & quantity of disc golf courses is unmatched.

Since I can't do that, I will live in Southern California where I can disc golf year round in shorts and sneakers. So Cal has the weather - along with the beaches and mountains. Yes, there are way too many people (including idiots and psychos) and not enough disc golf courses. But then again, I never-ever have to wear snow boots or shovel tee pads. I am still amazed to see flowers in full bloom in December and think it is awesome that Strawberry season begins in January not June.
Charlotte N.C. Great weather ,courses , a few hours from the beach Has it all !
I think I'd move to MO, I'd like being in the midwest that way it would be easy to travel to most major tourneys.
Hawaii, it really is a paradise. It would be nice if they could get more permanent courses with baskets there.
742? Did I win? Did I win? I love these "count the jelly beans in the jar" games.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968