www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hypothetically if you had $5 million that some anonymous wealthy donor gave you to use exclusively for the use of building an 18-hole disc golf course what features would you incorporate into it?

The course must be of an average length and relatively realistic, (ie, you can't just say make each hole 3-miles long)

This is for design only, assume all future costs and maintenance will also be paid for using an endownment fund sort of thing from that same rich person.

(anyone know any rich people?)

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine would be a very nice fescue/bermuda grass mix all over the course, nicely mowed of course, with gold plated baskets, and a baseball field type-lighting system so you can play 24/7. Along with diamond plated tee-signs and 20-foot long teepads made of virgin-amazonian hardwood.
I would retire and buy an island/home. Then I would build simple course for my friends and family ... you're all not invited. I'll even fly you down. ;)
I'd probably would need more for the heliport / personal airport so players could fly in. Pro shop with cigar lounge and full wet bar , staff and grounds keepers , chef , concierge for the onsite hotel. Golf carts of course. Hotel would have lap pool and multipal hot tubs !!!
first i would buy my land, and then build a massive "see-through" structure over the whole area, like a bio-dome. then clear out the holes, build tee pads made out of recycled tires like they do for running tracks then put in baskets. i would put drinking fountains at every tee pad and basket that dispences Blue Moon. then i would fly in exotic birds from around the world. oh, and put a water fall and a stream somehwere.
With 5 million it'd be a lot more holes than 18; probably 72. With the scenery, topography, and natural landscaping Central Oregon would be a great location. With all the resort golf courses we have already it'd be easy to mimic those and have a disc golf resort. I'd want it to be as minimal impact on the land so anything added would be natural and utilize recycled building materials. There would be plenty of camping and yurts to rent. Definitely would employ people to help maintain the course (especially we all know the fair weather players that can't seem to carry their trash to a trash can). Last of all it'd be open to anyone at any time.
Hice said:
With 5 million it'd be a lot more holes than 18; probably 72. With the scenery, topography, and natural landscaping Central Oregon would be a great location. With all the resort golf courses we have already it'd be easy to mimic those and have a disc golf resort. I'd want it to be as minimal impact on the land so anything added would be natural and utilize recycled building materials. There would be plenty of camping and yurts to rent. Definitely would employ people to help maintain the course (especially we all know the fair weather players that can't seem to carry their trash to a trash can). Last of all it'd be open to anyone at any time.

You're only allowed 18-holes in this scenario, and staffing costs aren't included in the $5-mil, onlt the 18-hole course.

The bio-dome idea is a good one,
a heli-port only costs a couple hundred (whatever a 20x20 piece of blacktop costs)
Beer tap on every hole is nice, maybe put that next to the hot tub, or make all water hazards into heated whirlpools, with water slides, and a pimp-arse sound system, plasma tv on every tee, ill have more later probably, $5 million is a lot.
According to John McCain ... anyone with less is poor.
I'd buy the land, make a good course, then use the rest of the money to improve the crappy courses around the US.
Ok, based on Steve K's rules the cost of purchasing the land appears to zero dollars. The 5 Mil is just for design and building expense.

Not a problem. First I buy Hawaii and boot out the current residents. Sorry guys, hope you can swim. Next I hire myself to be the course designer. I don't actually have much experience designing courses so my totally reasonable fee for that service is 4.5 million dollars. Next I pick the cherriest land in all of Hawaii: waterfalls, ocean frontage, palm trees, etc. to install the course. Then I design lefty hyzer holes, interspersed with lefty hyzer tunnel holes (for variety) for all 18 holes. We know that the cost of baskets and tee pads is only a few thousand bucks so I invest about $100,000 into research to invent baskets that ACTUALLY CATCH GOOD PUTTS!! (sorry for the screaming) and install these.

Then I build some small island huts adjacent to the course for my family and myself to live in. Then I build, down the road a bit, more huts for my buddies to crash at.

Because I am environmentally minded, every few years I move the course to another part of Hawaii where I design the next course with exclusively lefty hyzers holes.

Most businesses will be banned from Hawaii once I am supreme ruler. However, Bells Brewery and Sierra Nevada Brewery will be offered shockingly generous opportunities on my new island home.

I can see it now, Frisbeetarian will be the new State religion. "Throw free or die" will be the national motto. I will even invite my buddy, Steve K, to the island occasionally due to his small part in making this all happen.
i've laughed at your posts before mark, but this is the most hilarious s*** i've read in a long time!! hahahahahhahahahaha

mark ellis said:
Ok, based on Steve K's rules the cost of purchasing the land appears to zero dollars. The 5 Mil is just for design and building expense.

Not a problem. First I buy Hawaii and boot out the current residents. Sorry guys, hope you can swim. Next I hire myself to be the course designer. I don't actually have much experience designing courses so my totally reasonable fee for that service is 4.5 million dollars. Next I pick the cherriest land in all of Hawaii: waterfalls, ocean frontage, palm trees, etc. to install the course. Then I design lefty hyzer holes, interspersed with lefty hyzer tunnel holes (for variety) for all 18 holes. We know that the cost of baskets and tee pads is only a few thousand bucks so I invest about $100,000 into research to invent baskets that ACTUALLY CATCH GOOD PUTTS!! (sorry for the screaming) and install these.

Then I build some small island huts adjacent to the course for my family and myself to live in. Then I build, down the road a bit, more huts for my buddies to crash at.

Because I am environmentally minded, every few years I move the course to another part of Hawaii where I design the next course with exclusively lefty hyzers holes.

Most businesses will be banned from Hawaii once I am supreme ruler. However, Bells Brewery and Sierra Nevada Brewery will be offered shockingly generous opportunities on my new island home.

I can see it now, Frisbeetarian will be the new State religion. "Throw free or die" will be the national motto. I will even invite my buddy, Steve K, to the island occasionally due to his small part in making this all happen.
Steve K... I was thinking about gold plated/platinum baskets the other day before this discussion. I'll think of my answer in my dreams and get back to you on that 5 million dollar course.
if i had 5 mill i would have a 27 hole course of wide open holes down hill and up hill tight wood placement shots holes and sum ass backward shots. and a house that 120 players can stay at for big tournys .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968