www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hypothetically if you had $5 million that some anonymous wealthy donor gave you to use exclusively for the use of building an 18-hole disc golf course what features would you incorporate into it?

The course must be of an average length and relatively realistic, (ie, you can't just say make each hole 3-miles long)

This is for design only, assume all future costs and maintenance will also be paid for using an endownment fund sort of thing from that same rich person.

(anyone know any rich people?)

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Silver lining Steve, silver lining, glass is half full ......
I think I would have to go for the urban disc golf. Build some buildings dedicated to disc golf, all indoors with artificial wind. Random junk scattered about like a scrap yard but less dangerous. Baskets behind gates/railings. rounded walls that throw the disc back at the basket if you over drive. Incorporating baskets on areas like car ports for elevation and other stairways. etc. Rooms would have varying ceiling heights to make it interesting.
oh oh, i have an idea!!! replace the Water Hazards with Fresh streams of Beer. i might shank a couple on purpose.
just like Wonka's chocolate river...just a bubbly crick of hoppy IPA!
solar power heated teepads
for michigan apparently.....
My course would definitely be manacured to the fullest extent. Some of the best landscapers would be putting in the most intricate and beautiful landscapes for each hole. There wouldn't be too many fast greens.. only in some places. and definitely cool designs mowed into the fairways.... where you could see it in a chopper flying by or high elevation tee pads. ahhhhh... what great ideas !!!

Definitely the very finest ladies offering cold tasty beverages and snacks would be the greatest. Putting in orders would be as simple as placing an order at a SHEETZ gas station.... Straight through the Interactive Tee Signs. Technology would keep track of where you are on the course.

:)
Hypothetically if you had $5 million that some anonymous wealthy donor gave you to use exclusively for the use of building an 18-hole disc golf course what features would you incorporate into it?

First , you would have to dedicate it after the donor.

Pro shop building with a restaurant and clean restrooms. Ample parking lot and atleast 36 holes available.

City involvement to help to run celebrity Funraiser / Events.

Camping facilities for those who would like to stay overnight or during weekend events.
remote controlled boats on every water hole with drag nets attached to them...
fish out your errant water-hazard drives....
My clubhouse would look like this!

This is the clubhouse at the Japan Open!
Yeah 5 mil...probably what it took to furnish and decorate the place. lmao!!

Nice digs though.....They do take care of the Disc Golfers over there.
I don't think 5 million is enough to but Hawaiï Mark but I like that idea.
The course is gonna be similar as Laurel Springs but without the x-mas treesJust all different kinds of trees. Players don't have to walk cuz they all have hooverboards. We all have seen those in "back to the future" so we know that they exsist.
Any water have nets just below the water surface,which will flip your disc out when you press a button BUT your caddy is doing that for you. The basket is just the original Mach 5 but they have inner lights which will glow up the whole basket during the night.
The Tee's are made on huge platforms which can move up or down.Every hole have a few of these. Also the baskets can move...
On the course there are also underground toilets,bars,watertabs,whatever you need, which come above also by just pressing a button.
All the holes are impossible for players who only throw side arms....but will get a free t-shirt which will say: BEGINNER
Once a year, I organise a big tournament.
Everybody is flown in or whatever transport they desire.
And you don't have to bring your wallet cuz everything is free.
The bungalows on the course have everything you want.
Hmm, 5 million is probably not enough.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968