www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hypothetically if you had $5 million that some anonymous wealthy donor gave you to use exclusively for the use of building an 18-hole disc golf course what features would you incorporate into it?

The course must be of an average length and relatively realistic, (ie, you can't just say make each hole 3-miles long)

This is for design only, assume all future costs and maintenance will also be paid for using an endownment fund sort of thing from that same rich person.

(anyone know any rich people?)

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unless I missed it, how about a couple of observation towers about 100' above the course. That way you can watch play throughout the course and have some place to chunk some discs off of. Maybe a zip line between the two to speed up getting around the course?
Uhh, this would be a top level awesomesauce type course unless the recipient of the funds is a Dodo butt.
MArble tee pads, Platinum baskets,and scantily clad "caddies" to enhance your game. also would have to have a hole that is like a castle tower like 20 stories up that you have to throw off onto a monster hole.
i think ide buy kensington metro park and make it in to a disc golf meca with the tobogan course in all year long with golf carts and have a short course for young kinds to learn and practice and a fridge at each hole for cold drinks i could go on for days
I'd buy the property in Brooksville Fl where the lil Grand Canyon course was. Smooth out all the rough spots . Waterfalls ,ponds & creeks would be installed. Landscaping , nice grass , benchs everywhere , water fountains , multiple placements of course , large pads. There would be a real nice club house with a patio over looking the course from the highest point. There would be a small motel and a small store. Camping would be available on site. I have to say that the land would demand 27 holes. This would be a serious money maker folks !
Wouldn't marble tee pads get a little slick in the rain?
...and that's all in line with a 5 million dollar shovel ready project. I'm in !!! ....when do we start???
here, here
If I had five million dollars I wouldn't waist it on a disc golf course, I would buy an awesome piece of land with a home on it and design a course on it, I would put some aside and use the rest helping needy people.
I'll sign up to help also,leave the rough spots in though.
I guess you never seen the canyon property we're talking about.
Yes. There are marble number plates on the pads at a course in OKC, and while nice to look at, I try to avoid them during a run-up. They are slick as all hell even when it's dry.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968