www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hypothetically if you had $5 million that some anonymous wealthy donor gave you to use exclusively for the use of building an 18-hole disc golf course what features would you incorporate into it?

The course must be of an average length and relatively realistic, (ie, you can't just say make each hole 3-miles long)

This is for design only, assume all future costs and maintenance will also be paid for using an endownment fund sort of thing from that same rich person.

(anyone know any rich people?)

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

matt51776 said:
After watching the election coverage on CNN and the holographic interview done, I would have to vote for a holographic DG commentator. You know to quiet the gathering crowd and all.

It/he/she could even be positioned in front of the tee since an errant drive would fly right thru...
I would simply BUY the Screaming Heads Property
Install full time baskets and launch pads and add a Clubhouse Bar SPA.
It has already served as a site in one tournament. http://www.mmage.com/screamingheads/vishh.htm

This is from Nao's page

The Video is from Bryce (Hardcore Hyzer)'s page.
Could be interesting as a mando...
And I thought the Clown's Mouth (at USDGC) was a small mando.
Screaming Heads made for some wicked glowie rounds! :)
I had to bring this thread back from the depths. It was a cool question and I'd love to hear what some of the newcomers to discgolfersrus would do with 5 million.
do they still have a course there or is it a temp course? If its a temp course when will it be installed again?
I would buy a piece of land with a pond lots of trees and really open spots, i would put in 3 courses, one that would be really easy, another would be a little bit harder, and the last would be the hardest one that would challenge even the most seasoned players, i would also put in a DG clubhouse/proshop...and camping areas, but it would also be "pay to stay"...pay to camp there....lol.....but thats it
well, mine would have these people called women, that wore lumberjack like tees with a very long opening below the neck area, tight shorts and hiking boots, because that's what the other sex should wear outdoors. they would serve cold frosty beverages on discs, shots on minis. the course would be pretty cool i think, whatever i imagine after that.
"Most businesses will be banned from Hawaii once I am supreme ruler. However, Bells Brewery and Sierra Nevada Brewery will be offered shockingly generous opportunities on my new island home."

That's my boy Mark for ya! Good thinkin buddy.
After reading the previous posts, and based on other suggestions, I have come to the following conclusions:
--Beautiful indoor facility in the Rocky Mountains--Fully lighted for 24 hour play.
--Chairlifts for all uphill climbs.
--No carts on this course--rugged quads for all players
--Several Beautiful downhill 1,000 foot Par 5's--think Kiss the Sky--but grander
--Forecaddys on every hole to prevent lost discs
--NO WATER HAZZARDS!
--6 Pin Placements per hole--however all super baskets (per Mr. Ellis's Idea) will be present; digital scorecards/maps will be handed out--with Megan Fox explaining each hole in detail.
--Yes, bars at every tee box--not just Kegs--full bars. Beer Girls galore roaming the course. New Belgium Brewing Company will be my course sponsor.
--Associated with the previous point--complimentary Designated Drivers within a 100 mile radius.
--Full hotel services on sight to accommodate players and attract A-Tier Events.
--It would be fully landscaped like Castle Pines Country Club--see here:
http://www.linkscountryclub.com/linksccpc/images/SplashScreens/misc...

I'm sure there is more...
Only $5 million? That's about 1/6th of a ball golf course.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968