www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just finished this dye today!  I am trying to figure out if this stencil is a keeper or not.  It will all depend on what you all say!  This stencil was cut on a plotter but took me 4 hours to pull all the unwanted vinyl away from the vinyl I was using for the stencil.  Would you buy a disc with this design on it and how much would you pay for just the dye job ( don't include the disc)?  This will also help me with pricing and such.  Thanks in advance!

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cassidy,

You are the man.  Obviously, that took alot of time and patience to create.  The question is not how much people will pay.  It should be how much is your time worth ?

I'm trying to figure out if the amount people would pay is at least as much as I feel my time is worth. If the amount that people would be willing to pay is a lot less than I feel my time is worth then this might be a personal stencil over a design I will sell. If it comes out that people will pay what I feel its worth then maybe I will do a run of this stencil on discs for sale.

how much would it cost to have this dyed on a disc then? 

Probably what I should have said is "would you spend $20 plus the price of a disc on a design like this? If not how much would you spend?".
That's what I'm trying to figure out hg!

Sweet!!!

this disc is nasty... i would definitely pay 25 plus pay for the disc. keep this as a dye

Awesome dye! but if you look at it from a business standpoint. It's  not worth your man hours alone. Even at min wage. You're looking at $36 dollars for your labor. Add the disc and shipping, that's an expensive disc. How about selling a stencil kit to disc golfers? Kind of what they sell now for pumpkin carving?

Anyway to cut down the man hours? Is it possible to use a computer and laser cutting the stencil?

I use a plotter to cut the design then I still have to peal away the unused parts of the stencil. This is the most time consuming part of the design. I don't do the dyes to make a fortune. I mainly do it as a hobby but right now I am currently unemployed so I charge so I can help with bills and such. Even if I don't make min. wage I feel I am able to continue my hobby, help support the family, and provide a great product.

Nice..have to agree with Rescue. $20 + disc is still way cheap,your undercutting youself with man hrs alone.Dark color might also run afoul when your looking for that stray shot.You might be looking at min $40.That starts to get steep,but then someone might just surprise you.your work is top shelf,no bargin basement shopping.

Thanks ed!

Man that is nice, as was already said... that is a lot of work, but I am sure that if you do it a number of times, you'll get faster at weeding it. You should do up around 3 or so list them for $25 plus disc cost, then put a note on there that they can pick the disc the disc color and the dye color if they like. Then maybe you can sell it right to them and skip eBay and eBay charges!

Again Cassidy,  you do classy work man! I love this!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968