www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

how do you like it in adv masters/masters.has the game changed for you?,are you liking what you see ? good putters?

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what i see is that 40 yr olds can still drive the disc,and since they have time and experience under thier belts,thier all around game is tight.they dont carry LARGE bags or carry ALOT of plastic.what they do got is GAME

The guys aren't nervous for the most part. People talk more during the round and are more supportive of one another when they hit a good shot. There isn't much fumbling around in the bag for what to throw. Less errant throws. Some of the best putters I've seen. Some guys have lost distance, but for the most part we can still chuck it. I still carry about 20 discs, but not at every course.

i agree,chuckers with D,and putting that i enjoy watching

When I go watch a tourney I like to find out where the adv. players are at. They are way more appreciative of their galleries, and there is always interation with the players, prompeted by them. There is always a thank you for shots that get applauded.

The over 50 amateurs in northern Illinois and northern Indiana are a lot of fun to compete with.  In Michigan it seems like most of the over 40 and over 50 amateurs are playing in the ratings based divisions. 

Shoot! I am 41 and just found the sport...nothing like staring a sport while entering the twilight of one's athletic future...

I know how to play.   I played the sport at Morley Field back in the early 90 when I was stationed at the

NavMedCen Sandiego.  Then I stopped playing due to being transfered to places not having courses.

Then I got out, and moved back to Florida.  Found a Course called Barnett. 

Played off and on recreationally with my kids, the park had everything for a family day out.

Then I hooked up with a bunch of guys in River City Nature Park Debary and played Doubles with them.

Then followed Jamie to Daytona in which I am a member.

Long story short, I have played religiously and in tournies for a couple of years.

I played "Rec", "Intermediate" and "Advanced Masters".

Yes Advanced Masters play from the longer pads.

Yes Advanced Masters have years of experience.

Even though my PDGA rating states I should play "Rec", I am choosing to play Advance Masters.

It is age protected, the players (most) seem down to earth and not Bit*hy.

They know the rules and abide by them.

And they are more socialable, and appreciative of a good play or shot.

Fewer high-volume F-bombs.

The social aspects are much better in older divisions.  Which isn't surprising, since our lives outside of disc golf share more in common.

As mentioned above, players know the rules better and comply with them.  I rarely have to think about calling a rule because the players I compete with rarely violate them.

As for play, players tend to have a wider range of shots in their bag.  More people throw forehand & backhand, and you see odd things like pancakes and turbo putts and other get-out-of-trouble shots from people with many years of experience getting into trouble.

I like it a lot! I've been playing in tourneys for a long time, in multiple divisions. Adv Mstrs is awesome. People are generally cooler, although that may have a lot to do with the fact that we all seem to relate to each other very easily. Everybody knows the rules and complies. Everybody knows how to play, and do so pretty darned well. Way less drama. Stools are very popular. My lasting impression of my first tourney as a Adv Mstr was "this is great"! The rest of ya'll don't know what your missing out on!!!

I held out on moving to Masters until I was in my mid-40s, and even then bounced back & forth from Advanced for a few years.  Sometimes it was fun to play with kids who threw 150' further than me....even more fun to beat them (they'd wildly throw into such trouble!).   Also, at that time, Masters divisions tended to be small.  Now they're as big or bigger than Advanced around here, and I enjoy playing with my peers.  (Sort of....I'm 53 but dragging my feet on moving to Grandmasters).

That's funny. "Stools are very popular".

I too walk the tournies with a folding stool.  Standing around especially waiting a slower group to clear is harder to do than back when I was younger.

Also, In tournies, I use a modified Golf pull cart that I made to carry my discs, marker, sharpie, rag, disc retrieving pole, stool, score card, pencil, drinks, and snacks.  It makes my game a hell of a lot easier.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968