www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A friend of mine in Effingham, IL and I were talking about a month ago about his upcoming tournament "Crossroads Classic" and how we could create more interest in the event. This is a PDGA C tier and a fund raising event (American Cancer Society). We came up with the idea to have it also be a club challenge. Any club that was interested was welcome to participate in the challenge in addition to playing in the tournament. The rules are simple - each club brought a case of beer iced down in a plastic bucket. The club with the fewest number of players would be the number of players used from each club. In other words: one club had 5 players, our club had 12 so the best five scores from our club were taken. The club with the best score at the end of the tournament won all of the beer and a cool trophy for the whole club. Last year this tournament had 33 participants. This year it had 77. There were 5 clubs participating in the challenge (Effingham Disc Golf Evangelists, Centralia Disc Golf Club, Southern Illinois Disc Golf Club, Ace Eagle Disc Golf Club - from Evansville, IN and Crossroads Disc Golf Club from Terre Haute, IN). In the end Crossroads Disc Golf Club won by 1 stroke over two other clubs and more importantly the tournament was a huge success. The TD is a real class act and I believe the tournament would have grown without the club challenge but I also feel that it created a nice buzz for the event.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get Hammered !!!  :D

I'm sure it did create a nice buzz for the event with all that beer lol. Loved watching all the trash talk before the event to, good job Crossroads.

totally rad

Sounds Awesome! Great job and Great idea!

Imagine that, beer and disc golf....who' d have thought that would work out...;)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968