www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Independance Excelent Course ...Mad props to the people or person(?) who designed it and donated the baskets......

I like to think iv played a decent amout of courses nothing compared to pros or whatever. But i like to travel solo or with my girlfreind to diffrent states or long day trips some times im let down sometimes i find some cool ones(marblehead,Ohio). This was only bout 45 mins from home so not a problem to play weekly. The pin placment is challenging and inventive. I think it is a perfect demonstration of the new era of disc golf. The use of the land we can get acsess to and how to make it challenging. The concrete wall you have to drive through and the basket on the island in the parking lot are great Not to mention the fact that there are atleast 3 pins on penincilas on giant murky lake. To make it even more challinging the actuall pins are a foot from the edge not ten feet not 20 feet its really like 1 to 3 feet from brick edge into raging 2+ft lake water. It gives u that extra presure/mind F#*k that most courses dont have. I feel like a mark. Not trying to get bunch of people to blow it up an turn it in to newb trashcan tipping d bag central. just think it is a great course. Im moving to brighton in june so looking forward to make that my new home course. I probably dont have to say this but lets keep it beautiful. If its your first time playing it pick up a piece of trash if u see it. Be frendly to dog walkers,bikers,walkers etc..... I know if your on this site your probably on the level. I think for the most part we all have a common goal. im not sure if they are getting pads but would be nice. Iwould be all about rubber pads and am willing to do whatever i can to help do this. Concrete would be the whip. but im not greedy.

Long story short......Bravo!!!!!!!
P.S. I played terrible it was raining all day dont usually play wet didnt even take score first time in a while. But i still had a great time. Me and my buddy were fortunate enough to meet up with two great guides that were real cool. And were down with the cause.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my understanding is the lakeside course will not be used in the summertime,but there is another course off the water being built right now
I assume u are refering to lakeshore. I am looking forward to the opening. That is where i wanted to play but was told not open til may. The plan for the day was the hills the mill then shore. Cause i live in fenton so all on the way. Since its closed and hardcore issolated downpoars. I ended up checking out independence instead and only getting like 16 in with large terential downpoar breaks in between. Just to much rain. After my towel and shirt and all discs were wet i couldnt turn my game around but still enjoyed myself.

I have read a lot about lakeshore and seen overheads. I think it looks great. Im not sure if they are keeping the sandtraps. I think i hope they keep em cause it adds texture and obsticle. I havnt seen the patch of land before. But from what i know about it im sure it will be another product of the new disc era of excelent course design and courses built by people who love the game(which is clear in this case) and not someone who works for the parks dept. Who may just being doing it cause somone told them they could bring some revenew. But ya dont mean ro ramble on but cant wait to play the shore
My bad i know what your saying. Was told that today. Do u know when thats goin down? And if thats a permanent seasonal deal?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968