www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know that its nice now. Everybody forgets about those severe winter Dgolf urges that just cant get filed. What are we gonna do this next winter all we need is a couple acres of one of the hundreds of beautiful abandend warehouses and factory between flint,detroit and all the little industrial strips in the middle of no where. Who has a uncle,father,brother,sister or grandfather who wants to make couple bucks and some free scrap removel and cleanup? I dont think the insurance will b a issue. I dont expect this to create a mircle but somthing has to give or im gonna have to find a warmer climate. Just a thought

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think about this as well, but not because I can't play in a blizzard. What I imagine is more of like a disc golf center, furnished with a novelty obstacle course, a distance field/measuring utilities, accuracy challenges, and most importantly, a diverse pro-shop. I like to imagine a place that caters to practice, while perhaps offering some artificial fun.

This indoor facility could be very gimmicky, so next Christmas snow (or maybe late April), enjoy the layers and tape some ribbon under that plastic.
I agree but im just trying not to be greedy but ya would b amazing i would pay a decent price and not have a problem. Im good for bout 4 rounds week in season but havnt did the snow just feel like layers and cold hands would be a issue but never thought bout ribbon (to find in snow im guessing)

A.I. said:
I think about this as well, but not because I can't play in a blizzard. What I imagine is more of like a disc golf center, furnished with a novelty obstacle course, a distance field/measuring utilities, accuracy challenges, and most importantly, a diverse pro-shop. I like to imagine a place that caters to practice, while perhaps offering some artificial fun.
This indoor facility could be very gimmicky, so next Christmas snow (or maybe late April), enjoy the layers and tape some ribbon under that plastic.
Just play in the snow, it isn't bad at all. There has been talk of a disc golf expo type of event at an expo center, but that is probably thrown to the wayside as far as I know. Just too much $ and not enough return on investment. If you were a disc golf playing millionaire who had money to just have fun with it is a viable option, but most anyone who is willing to put money out want's to see a profit at the end of the day. Indoor ball golf domes have been closing down here in Michigan, and those are catering to a larger demographic. If they are loosing money, a similiar disc golf themed facility would be even worse.
I often wonder if we could walk into a indoor soccer field or sports complex and pay like 5$ bring a pop up basket or m14 and just lob some mids for a couple hours. Not that you cant play in the snow.. Trust when I say I DO.. but it'd be nice to not have to for even just a couple hours

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968