www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Long stoyr short I broke Tibia Plateu and will be sidelined for the 3 months. I typically played 2-4 times week for recreational play.

I was wondering if there any other disc'rs out there that been dealt the same hand at one time or another and had any suggestions to bide my time, not go stir crazy and go to mush in the mean time.

Thoughts?

Views: 2

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, pain meds! Makes the time fly by lol!
Throw off your left leg. A couple months of practice on sidearms and sidearm rollers and putts might boost those shots forever.

A local in my area, nicknamed Beerman, broke his leg and hobbled around in a cast, then a walking cast, then a brace for months through the Winter and Spring but kept on throwing. Finally healed, last Saturday he won a tournament against a large and talented field.
Also had knee surgery on my right knee.
Didn't stop playing, only compensated for it.
Learn to throw sidearm, when you do heal you will have 'another' shot in your bag.
hey now,throw from the line,no run up.Work on your opposite throwing arm.Practice your putting.
Looks like you fell into your fishing tackle box. I looked the same, only a little higher up after a total hip replacement.
You will feel a lot more comfortable after the staples are removed!
I started playing (HA HA) as soom as I was walking with a came and could stand still without any assistive device.
Start with a standing still (NO TWISTING) up-shot. If it hurts, STOP! Only do what doesn't hurt. You don't want to re-injure yourself! Pain is warning.
In the long run, I think I have a better middle game because I spent more time throwing my up-shot.
Are you working with a Physical Therapist? I did and I think it helped my recovery a lot.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Keep em flying!
had surgery on my foot a few years ago and all I can say is STAY OFF the leg for as long as your doctor says!
I started putting weight on my foot way too early and it cause it to not heal correctly :(
and yeah, be ready to do some therapy. my left leg muscle deteriorated like crazy while I was on crutches and not putting weight on it.

I also have something wrong with my elbow right now so taking some time off as well so I feel your pain man.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968