www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone else out there using a BIRDIE P&A? I picked one up last week wanting a SLOW, Straight putter to throw. The Thumbtrack makes it Great for me to grip and release. I bought a 172g and I can throw it better than my Dart or, Aviar. Anyone else playing with a Birdie?

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had one for about two weeks but the wind effected it too much, and it also floated too far for me.  I gave it to a new disc golfer to try out.
There are Champion Birdies out there FYI. My buddy Mike throws a Birdie and is VERY accurate with it.
I'm a Birdie user.  The Birdie's biggest criticism is the feel of the huge rim, so if you've already gotten past that... do NOT give it up.  It grabs chains and flies striaghter than any disc I've had!  It doesn't only fly straight, but it will hold any angle you release it at for the entire throw, a very valuable trait.  I throw max weight Pro plastic, but Innova quit making it in Pro (bastards).  However, it is not a good wind disc and will not go as far as 'faster' discs.
the birdie is SO straight.  it was the first disc i bought back in the 90's.  DX 175.  still have it!  it's a good putter.  the bottom of the rim kept getting caught up on my finger, so i had to move to another putter, but it will always hold a special place in my heart.  i now use it as a catch disc because it is still so straight after all these years.

I didn't know that there are Champion Birdies out there. Thanks for the info Force, I will have to check that out! 

I don't have any problems with the size of the lip on the Birdie. I actually think it aides me with the fanned out control grip that I use. I am REALLY liking the Birdie... Thanks for all the comments y'all. Glad to hear there are other Birdie Users out and about.

Hey Jeff. I bought 2 of the Champion Fund Raiser Birdies (175g, red) a while back.  I found them to be a bit too "gummy" for my taste.  They are nearly brand new as I threw them only a few times.  If you'd like, I'd sell them to you for $15 each, no shipping charge.
I've been putting primarily with the Birdie for a decade.  It gives great amusement to the folks I regularly play against in tournaments, who refer to it as a "dog dish".  (Some of them putt with blowflies, which I refer to as round washcloths).

Brett thanks for the Offer! I may take you up on it, I'll just need to talk to my Wife (the Boss). 

Thats Hilarious David. I can see where the "Dog Dish" comment makes sense. Still throws well for me though. Even if it does look like a Dog Dish. Lol.

Note that I said "primarily".  It's a dangerous disc in a strong crosswind, when it takes on parasail tendencies.

Its best feature is that it stops.  Doesn't blow by too far, and oddly enough, doesn't roll that much, despite the "tire" profile.

But I carry and use other putters in certain situations.

"Its best feature is that it stops.  Doesn't blow by too far, and oddly enough, doesn't roll that much, despite the "tire" profile."

These are the exact reasons why I bought a Birdie in the 1st place. But, I do also have an Aviar and a Dart for the "other" situations that the Birdie does not shine in. :)

the Birdie was the second disc I bought (the first was a wraith, i didn't have a clue...) Anywho, when i first started throwing d-g discs i could throw the birdie straight and the furthest, to me it seemed the most like a plain frisbee w/the deep rim (i know now that there are other molds out there that are closer to a plain big ultimate frisbee). I liked the Birdie then because it seemed to work best with the grip i was using, with my pointer finger out front on the rim, which i think some people still like for putting. I haven't tried it lately, but I really liked it for super straight mid range shots then.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968