www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 2918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHEN IS THE AVALANCHE COMING OUT!?!??!?!?!?

Why the lighter discs, what is the benefit? I don't see how they can carry the flight capabilities.

So it looks like it will only be used for lighter weights. That's cool, but is there really a need/desire for that? Is this just a production costs saving device?

It looks like there're bubbles in the molds. This allows lighter weights that fly more overstable, like heavier weights. Plenty of people(definitely not ALL of them, though) would enjoy the greater distance potential of lighter discs without losing any overstability.

Lighter weight = max distance as long as there's no wind or a tailwind. I just ordered two Blizzard Bosses as my 150 r-Pro Bosses beat up too easily. This will make five different plastic Bosses in my bag. Champ, Star, Pro, r-Pro and Blizzard.

I plan to try a couple of the Boss's. I like throwing light disc, but most of them are in crap plastic. Should make for a nice dye atleast. 

Hey look, the molding machine cavitated and got air in the lines and it left bubbles in the disc. Lets call it the blizzard line and sell them as XOuts until we see if people like it then we'll spend 2 years trying to do it again on purpose.

That's what I was thinking dook.

Just got my two pinkies. Domey, Homie. I'll see how they fly in teh morning.

I think it's short for Blizzard Tech...there are some non seconds with proper stamps on eBay.

from ebay...

We are pleased to offer you this new Blizzard Technology Champion material TeeDevil. 
You as what is Blizzard Technology?  It is a new process that allows Innova to mold
Champion material discs in weights lower than you have ever seen!  These lighter
weight discs retain most of the flight characteristics of their heavier counterparts but with
added glide!  These discs have a unique look across the flight plate and nose. 
You can see hundreds of tiny bubbles and some textured feel at the nose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Blizzard-Technology-Champion-material-T...

hope this helps this discussion...

Bubblishious!

Attachments:

When they make discs in lighter weights the have to take the weight off from the rim not the flight plane. When weight is removed from the rim it loses some of its centrifugal force when thrown and that's why lighter discs are less overstable then their heavier counter parts. The idea behind the Blizzard technology is that the bubbles make it so weight can be taken out of the flight plane but not the rim. so these lighter discs will have the same centrifugal force when thrown and thus keep their original stability. Hope this helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968