www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

have any of you used the Innova Boss or Groove? iam looking to buy them both but don't know much bout them. if you do use them lem me know what u think about them.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO you should be throwing at least 350 and really more like 375 before trying these discs. the groove is a less stable boss, but it still needs quite a bit of snap for it to fly correctly. i actually like my boss better than my groove. especially for headwind drives, because i don't have a ton of snap. most of my d (consistently 360-380 sometimes reaching 400) comes from arm speed, which is not the correct way to get d. but i'm working on it. anyway, i would say if you need a good headwind driver, buy a boss. just my opinion though. buy them both and start chucking them. maybe they will add that d that you want.
They are hype discs and while I have read of people likeing them Ive never heard of them being considered a must have discs. Niether disc will be a distance record holder and they are both pretty touchy. If you got something in your bag you really dig and you want some more D on your drives, focus on technique. Its the only sure way to get those extra yards out of our drives. Good luck bro.

Love them BOTH! Now, can we move the baskets BACK!
The Boss is Overstable, fights the wind well and requires a BIG ARM to get performance.
The Groove is less stable than the Boss and does not require as much arm speed.
The Boss Skips and shoots left, The Groove skips up more. Groove has more glide.
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?k...
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?k...
Boss into a headwind? I keep the boss in the bag when it's windy, calm or no wind & I can rip the thing out there flirting with 500' My pre-release (Mace Man stamp) Boss turns & keeps on turning in any moderate wind. I have a Montana State Championships one that is a little more domey & that one fights the wind a bit but will still turn over into a headwind. I'm still getting more consistent D from my beat in First Run Destroyers. I've seen a lot of lower (than me) rated am players throwing the boss with good consistency as a forehand driver but no where near it's potential. But if it works for them then who am I to judge? :)
I recommend teebirds or avengers... not quite as long but easier to control which is more important anyway.

went and got my Boss today and my destroyer both in star plastic. and all i have to say is DAMN!!!!!! i threw my Boss my Destroyer and my Wraith. I had to walk another 100 to 150 ft past my Wraith to get my Boss. i didnt get the Groove because i heard the Destroyer was a little better.
Yea , they are long and fast !!!!
yes i threw around 10 times and they go long and get there very fast i was surprised, and how strait it flys. i'll be buying more for backups
Bosses are very inconsistent. I have large arms that can rip it but my wraith that i use only goes round 340 ft and thats about it.

Thanks
Mark Adams
Junior Golf Equipment
Try the new R Pro Boss.
Bosses are like a faster wraith.... Too flippy for me, won't even bother trying a groove.
I bought the Groove and didn't like it, I throw both backhand and sidearm and just couldn't get it to work for me, I got rid of it, but my Boss! I absolutely love this for a sidearm driver, besides my Orion, this is my favorite long drive disc! I hope you'll have as much luck with it as I have, although some of my friends say its too bulky and thick for their style, I'm the only sidearm fenatic in our bunch and its all I use it for, good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968