www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is up with the stability of the Boss. Got a champ. first run 174g that flies like Innova says it will. Got another tye dye champ. 172 and it is way overstable. Worse that my heavier Tee Rex. My 172g star Boss is the least stable. Don't even get me started on the R Pro Boss ... mega understable for me but I get great distance with all of 'em.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't throw the Boss. I've tried throwing two different Champion Boss, and both of them were MEGA understable for me. It might just be my technique. I have a very strange throwing technique. Everyone tells me so.
The subsequent runs, after the very first run champs, are definitely more stable...no question. The Star, I haven't thrown, but being star it will break in quicker leading to less stability. The R-pro is light weight stuff explaining some of that. Discs are often marked wrong...weight wise. So check that too.
You have hit the nail on the head my friend! I have all 4 versions. I talked to a pro shop owner about all of them and he claims the plastic give a way different stability and on the tye dye he claims becasue of the die, it makes it heavier due to the ink. It all makes sense though. Just feel each disc and bend them, you can tell that the champ plastic is tougher and more rigid going down to star then r pro. plastic, plastic, plastic!
thank you Justin
I've tried the boss in all plastics and put them away. Just got a nuke a couple weeks ago and love it. I haven't ever liked discraft, but the nuke is by far the best they have ever made. Its the esp plastic. The boss was too unpredictable.
I'd have to agree. I stick with heavier weights and when I had to replace my champ Boss the new one is way more stable than the old one, and my R-pro is way more understable than the champ at same weight.
Thats the beauty of Innova plastic. You never really know what your gonna get.
Why does Forest Gump come to mind? Lol!
Life is like a stack of ( company name)'s plastic! You never know what your going to get! Hahaha
You hit the nail on the head Justin! Had a KC Pro Aviar a couple of years ago that was my #1 disc. When I lost it, I got another one; same color, same weight. Couldn't throw it to save my life. My bag now is all Discraft except for my putters (Pro Rhynos). Now, when I lose a disc and get a replacement, it flies just like the one I lost! Sweet!
Screw the Boss, buy a NUKE, TRUST ME. It's a game changer for sure!
Innova has a laundry list of mold and plastic issues, which is a good and bad thing. It's obviously bad because if you buy two of the same disc, even in the same plastic they might fly differently. It's good because of that same reason for some people. I have two Star Destoryers, one is flat topped and flies like it should, the other has a higher top and is really over stable. Each of them serve a separate purpose in my bag and I am actually glad they are different now. If you want mold and plastic consistancy go to Discraft, I'm actually considering it.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968