www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It's so fast and over stable I can't get it to stay up long enough. Any tips? 

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scrub the signature off it. Works for me!
Try to give the disc a lot of anhyzer and adjust your release direction to acount for the extreme fade of the boss. Also you could try lighter weights.
yup, lighter weight works, also the r pro bosses don't seem to be as stable as the champs. Could be that the r pro breaks in faster.
is the r-pro boss the same plastic as the r-pro wahoo (the floating one)?  I was trying my Wahoo the day I got it and screwed my throw up bad cause I had just nailed an amazing shot with it and was trying to record first person to duplicate the shot and needless to say, didn't work so well.  I ended up throwing a weak spike hyzer into a grassy area, but it hit a small rock in the ground and dented it badly.  I've been wary of all non-Aviar R-pro plastic ever since.
Switch to a Katana (champion) or Vulcan (star) or an Archon.  The boss just sounds like too much disc for you (and for me too).
I agree with you Brandon, sounds like too much disc for you. The r pro bosses are much less stable than any other ones. It is not the same r pro as the Wahoo either. I can't get no distance with a Champion Boss either but can bomb a r pro one. They fly great brand new, no beating in required. If you only want something in Champion plastic I would give a Katana a try.
From what I've seen r-Pro floats. at least in the lighter weights.
Switch to a NUKE. It'll make yer Boss look like a Minion.

I hate to say it, but the Groove is nice too.  From what I've seen in the DG community, people seem to hate the Groove, but I like it. 

And Brandon is right about Vulcans, I'm loving that disc, the Archon too, although mine is in Champion.

And what is with the Katana?  In Star and Pro it seems to be as overstable as a Boss, but in Champion you actually get that 3 turn out of it.  Strange.

For me, just starting out, I throw Vulcans, Nukes, Wahoos, and Beasts the best.  I do carry a Boss and a Wraith for doglegs because the fade is perfect for many holes on nearby courses.  Those discs guarantee me 4 birdies on the 18 hole course a town over, 2 of those get me close to an ace.

It won't be too long before my wacky understable discs become bagfillers, hopefully.

On the topic of the Groove, the Monarch is not bad for developing arms either, I underestimated my throw one day and my Champion Monarch sailed over some trees right into a river.  Sick turnovers with that disc.

Unless you have a minimum of 400' worth of power, you're not going to be able to control the disc well.  You can keep throwing it and get it beat in, but it still isn't an optimal disc.  Also, if you keep throwing wicked speed stable discs you'll teach yourself bad form and then won't be able throw other discs properly.  This is when newbies (or the ones that haven't learned yet) say that a Roc, Buzzz, Gazelle, Teebird, etc. say these discs are flippy.

If you're looking for a max D disc, find something that you can control w/o having to release the disc annie just to get it do anything.

Joshua I have found the same thing to be true about Katanas. The champion ones are the flippiest ones.

I'm not a fan of the Groove myself. I have two of them, a first run and a production run, that I would love to trade off. They both have my name on them but both are still in very good shape. Neither stayed in my bag long.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968