www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just thought you might want to know the PDGA approved Innova's new creation yesterday.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

are they coming out wit the boss in star plastic?
Brent Anthony the Great said:
are they coming out wit the boss in star plastic?

Yes, but it sounds like it will be fundraiser only at first.
Mark Stephens said:
Different colors are made on different days. So, there if there is a change in ambient temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc you might see a difference in the disc. All of these (and more) affect the disc as it is being molded and then removed from the mold. Different colors flying differently is somewhat to be expected. You would like that difference to be minimal though.

The first statement above is not correct. INNOVA does not mold different color discs on different days. We may run many colors on one day or only one color for many days.
I have to agree with Mark on this, I too have noticed more variancies in colors than in years past. I usually will buy more than one disc at a time in the same color to try and offset some of the inconsistancy that I have started to notice in the later runs. I didn't use to notice it back three or four years ago, say around the time of the Beast and Monster runs. The Teerex was pretty consistant and so was the Destroyer but that was about when I started to notice.
And then again, It could all be in my head. ;)
i am no expert but my guess would be the reason we are noticing differences in stability with different colors of new discs in comparison with older discs could possibly be do to the faster more stable discs they are producing now, i personally find the faster discs to be more touchy in their flight patterns, i have found the new faster discs flight carracteristics are effected more by a slight wrist tilt, less or more snap etc. than the older slower less stable discs of the past, so maybe the differences were always there just less noticeable in the older plastic as compaired to now. but having said that i will say this, i myself have noticed a big difference in the different colored bosses i have, so i guess we have solved ......noooooothing LOL
its getting bought!!!
sweet i have been waiting so long it seems i have one but just havent thrown it to much but when i do i works great.
I don't get it Trey? Should I throw full power on every shot? Say I can hyzer flip a Boss, I still might need a disc that will actually turn too. Just food for thought.

Trey said:
If you can throw the boss successfully, then the Groove is not for you unless you are a plastic monger. If you can hyzer flip a boss, then you will likely turn and burn a Groove. Its not gimicky, its a company being smart and marketing to people with different abilities... I'm a plastic monger though, so i'll likely get one as well! lol
I recently threw a demo of this disc. All I have to say is WOW. This thing almost seemed faster than the boss. I didn't really hit it just right and threw it low... still got about 400 ft. out of it. I let it go with medium hyzer and it just flipped up flat and just rode. It had the glide of a monarch. This should be on everyone's list. It's a great disc.
can't wait for this one
one thing i noticed about these ultra fast discs is that they travel in the direction otf the trees just as well as all my other discs they just get there mutch faster and bounce off farther.
someone mention it being something like the beast..If you ask me the beast can eat a fat one, I dunno Just doesnt fly for me...at all!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968