www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what about discraft or innova do you like? and what is your favorite disc?

Tags: boss, discraft, force, innova

Views: 1089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they just have the one disc now, the rampage. and it seems like a big stable distance driver. seems geared towards pros. could be good though if you've got a cannon.

Discraft

...Made in Michigan

Millennium and Discmania are owned by Innova.

What I like about innova is that with their huge selection and experience, it's impossible to not find a disc that you like.  My favorite Innova disc is the TL.... pure lines all day.  What I like about discraft is quality control and their instructional videos.  My favorite is the only putter I've ever really used long term... the pro d challenger: just the right amt of bead for me. 

I like that other companies are pushing the boundaries and trying new things.  Latitude 64 out of Sweden has the most gorgeous plastic on the market.  I don't know why that matters to me, but it does.  They have some very impressive offerings.  I love the vision for turnovers... replaced my sidewinder (never though that'd happen).

Westside discs (out of finland with discs produced by Latitude 64)is currently rocking my word with the Sword and the King.  After two rounds the Sword found a permanent place in the bag.  It's making disc golf easier with its pure lines and phenomenal speed and glide.  It's rim is also narrower... slightly moreso than a wraith, but it is as fast as a destroyer or better.  I just got the King, but so far I'm bombing the snot out of it. 

I am curious just how overstable the Sword is. Also does it have a wide rim?

I am a bit skeptical about the claims made on some of the new discs like a Katana or the Vulcan. I do like the Lemon Lake version of the Katana (similar to the Pro version). The Star Katana was too overstable for my liking. And now I also have a Star Vulcan which I can turn over but will absolutely come back at the end of its flight. So it seems to be more stable than my Sidewinder even though it is touted as being understable.

How does the Sword fly?

Also they are showing the King as being more understable.
SkyQuest does Medusa, I typed wrong
Easier to work with than parent company LOL
I'll be looking into that one. I've never heard of it. All of a sudden the disc market is becoming saturated with fresh manufacturers! I love it!
Ah Jim, you hit on the two things I love the most about the sword in your question! I was comparing the rim today to innova discs and thought that it was just slightly smaller than the wraith/teerex class of driver. But it is certainly faster and glides farther than a wraith. I would compare it in speed and stability to a worn destroyer. On a 350-390' drive I found the disc ratings to be fairly accurate in terms of flight patern... Turn of 0, fade +2. I throw huge sweeping hyzers with it as well as low straight shots. Very versatile. It does start to turn in a headwind, but a little breeze isn't going to make it unusable. Stronger headwinds will render this disc too under stable. ive thrown all the long fast stuff and this by far my fav right now. The narrow rim allows for me of small hands to get more snap... After talking it up I want to throw it right now, but it's almost midnight here. :)

I think I'm going to like the king as well, but we'll see.

When they update their 'own' website with descriptions of their discs, I'll consider them :-)

Yeah the website and bios look great. There's only one thing missing... The plastic!! They need to get those up asap while curiosity is high or people will lose interest and forget about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968