www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not that it matters but how is Innova pronounced? Is it INNA-VA or IN-NO-VA... or how do you all say it? I've heard both ways. Just wondering and taking a survey I guess. Also, how do you guys refer to this website? Do you say DGRUS or discgolerRus or Disgolfers R Dot You S......I'm not sure how to refer to it when discussing items pertained to this website...so difficult. I wish there was a simple one word reference, like MyDiscBook (just kidding). I'm sure i'll get a lot of witty/smart aleck remarks for this one. peace. thanks everyone.

Tags: cares, innova, really, though, who

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've always said IN-NO-VA, but I believe they, and top brass, pronounce it INNA-VA... which sounds like "enema" to me. Oh well, it's their company.

I guess that's witty remark number 1, although that is really what I think of when I hear people pronounce it the correct way.
any dog that can type 40 words per minute is ok in my book, I got nothing
Any disc golfer that needs a seeing eye dog is ok in my book. At least I'd have a fight chance then!
Take the Innova bar hotstamp, turn it upside down and it reads "VAONNI" (Vay-oh-nee).

There is a pretty good Vaonni story, which I cannot recall well enough to do it justice. Maybe one of the Innnova insiders can fill us in.

INNOVA (INN-ah-vah)
I've been duped! Inn-ah-vah? Really? I've been saying it wrong this WHOLE TIME!?!?! Oh, how foolish I've been! I hereby renounce my thrown as "King of Innunciation". Now if you'll excuse me, I'm banishing myself to "The Barren Plains of Pronouncia", where the Grammar Goblins are sure to rip the flesh from my weary bones. Good bye, fellow travelers. Remember me well to those who may learn from my story. Alas!
we never learn from our history!
It is somewhat funny, because I pronounce it Innava, and I enunciate both syllables in Discraft. As in Disc Craft, with the emphasis on the craft.

Perhaps it's because I have a weird accent from living in Michigan. I like a cold glass of melk with my breakfast, and I rest my head on a pellow at night. However, I do not shop at Wal-Mart's, K-Mart's, or Meijer's. I shop at Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Meijer.

And as to the website, I do not call it dgrus or discgolfers are us. I call it THE website. Duh.
I and most of the guys I throw with say INNA- VA. Interesting topic..often wondered that myself
I have heard people refer to it simpliy as NOVA.
Those are just the cool people man. I sometimes call my Discraft "Disc" =)
I always thought it was a shortened version of Innovation, so i say it in-noh-va
Main Entry: in·no·va·tion

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968