www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think the Vulcan is a great disc. The dome seems to be higher and thus for me, with large hands, it is easier to throw consistently then the Katana. The flight pattern seem correct with a speed of 13, glide of 5, HSS of -3.5, and LSS of maybe a 3.

My first shot with it with no wind was a 500 foot bomb with a sidewinder type s curve. It basically behaves like the Sidewinder. straight in a tailwind, flippy in a headwind, hard anny in a crosswind from left to right for me being a RHBH and not bad in a crosswind in the other direction.

I'm not sure how less powerful arms can handle it, I just do not know how Innova can market a speed 13 driver to a beginner player seeing how it is a conflicting statement.

Let me know what else you want to know. Mine is a champ glo 172.

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We still have 3 of the 1st run Star Vulcans left.
www.disczilla.com
719-244-1934
Alan
The appeal to the beginner is the -3.5 HSS , your statement is conflicting to what everyone else with a BIG ARM is saying (way too understable, needed extreme hyzer, disc automatically turned into a roller)
Hmmm? 800 rated player throwing 500+. I haven't seen too many of those. I have to agree with Mark C and say that this thing is flippy even when thrown with 70% power. Doesn't even flip and glide, just dives. Makes perfect sense for a beginner who is looking for a little more distance but doesn't generate power and snap.
So I am a little lost here. I just don't see this disc flying that far on flat ground without I crazy tailwind. But I see you said it was champ glo plastic, I didn't even know it came in glo, maybe the glow is more stable.
That is some huge distance with the Vulcan. I don't think I could hold my form together well enough on hyzer with my arm down that low to not impart torque on it and flip it. I really like the disc as well, and I don't hold back when I throw it, I just have to keep that arm down in the slot and don't roll the wrist.

Have you tried taking it out left on a high hard anny yet?
Would you like me to post a video on the distance throws? I have played 4 tournaments I think and struggled. The vulcan is a longer sw. I have a champ and a star. I know a guy who gets nice distance with a vulcan and he does not have a big arm. But he can't turn it much. Disc companies advertise poorly. Take the havoc for example. Out flies like a lantana but days overstable driver on the disc.
Pretty flippy for me!!!!! I have no big arm!!!!! 350 400 !!!!!! I have hyzer flipped it for some d!!!!! But overall turn machine!!!!!
I did say "My first shot with it with no wind was a 500 foot bomb with a sidewinder type s curve" so yes I said it is flippy. Sidewinder flippy is flippy as hell. But you have to know when to throw it, lots of room, no wind, and you have to throw it up into the air for it to get the true flight of the disc. The champs are not as flippy, the star run is retarded flippy, but managable.
I love it for anny bombs and even forehand shots.
Would you like me to post a video on the distance throws? I have played 4 tournaments I think and struggled. The vulcan is a longer sw. I have a champ and a star. I know a guy who gets nice distance with a vulcan and he does not have a big arm. But he can't turn it much. Disc companies advertise poorly. Take the havoc for example. It flies like a Katana but says overstable driver on the disc.
Ok it makes more sense if the champion version is more stables, and yes I would love to see any video of 500 foot crush's vulcan or not. How much air do you put on that thing to get it to flex out? Im guessing your putting that thing way up there.
Video footage please . So this is doing a Hyzer Flip S turn ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968