www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm aware of previous posts I'm aware of previous posts I'm aware of previous posts I'm aware of previous posts I'm aware of previous posts

Innova WEDGE

3.5 / 3 / -3 / 0

Outside Diameter - 21.2 cm

Rim Thickness - 1.0 cm

DX - 150-175g

First run star - 175g ?

A golf disc that is "wedged" right in between the mid-rang and putter classification is exactly what a lot of golfers have been waiting for.  Not only does is it allow more versatility to everyones game, it's one more add-on to the EDGE line of golf discs, which is great for raising ware-abouts of the sport. This review is simply meant to help explain and let others converse about this new golf disc.

A lot of people have brought up the question about the name, "why WEDGE?".  First you might think ball golf, as they use a wedge club for rough, bunker, chip, short shots; which is logical because both the disc and club have somewhat the same purpose.  I would like to consider it just that, my "wedge" golf disc.  Another theory, which I think is more self-evident, revolves around Innovas partnership with EDGE (Educational Disc Golf Experience), thus WEDGE came about.  The reason I say this is more self-evident is because the disc itself has a "proud sponsor of EDGE" sub-stamp, along with the website.        

In fact, the name really does go both ways!

Lets get to the point, shall we?  If you're looking into getting a WEDGE,  take this advice from somebody who owns and has had some (it was just released) experience throwing it.  The name says it all, if you're wondering about shot selection, range, versatility...it's a wedge. It is more of a short-game rather than a midrange disc.  Use it for getting out of trouble, it's great for short turnover shots and rollers, it's also great for sidearm throwers due to the low profile easy grip.  The stamp classifies it as a Putt & Approach disc and it has a fantastic neutral putting flight, but I prefer to use it for slightly longer up-shots; therefore it changes from a neutral putter, to an under stable short-range flyer.  The WEDGE is perfect for tough shots such as getting out of the woods.  As the DX plastic wears, it becomes even more useful for short to midrange anhyzer shots.  Don't expect too much glide, but don't expect it to sink like a submarine either.  No run-up shots with this one, guys. If you want to be accurate with the wedge I find its vital to set up still, find your center balance and give it a firm throw with your whole body put into it, no weak tosses .  A golf disc put into this category is more versatile than one might think.  If you're tired of looking for your perfect short-game (not necessarily midrange) disc that will park you next to the basket every time, this is the disc for you. If you're looking for a disc that will get a specific job done, this is the right disc for you.  

Thanks for reading guys.  I hope this helped.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks man! Your welcome.

The WEDGE is going to be released in DX plastic.

The 1st runs are made of Star plastic with the Innova Star Hotstamp.

The flight fits right between an XD and a Stingray.

Mostly straight and very accurate.

Yes, that is a great picture of the first runs! 

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968