www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I heard of a S/sds "thats code for stable star destroyer" the other day and was wondering where do I buy these differents molds. The "S" just means that it is extra over stable I guess. I heard of a S/max as well. Now that would be hard to throw im sure. anyway if anyone has any insite on this please let me know.

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never heard of S. usually if they are more overstable they refer to them with an X after like
Whippet-X
TeeRex-X
Wraith-X

Less stable usually has a L after
Firebird-L or FL
Starfire-L or SL etc.

I have noticed that innova marks star plastic sometimes with a star and sometimes s/ before the letter designation.
There has been some test run molds called the "Night Shift" I bought an Night Shift Orc. Man-o-man is that sucker OVERSTABLE. The only other "Night Shift " mold was the Boss up to this point. The new technique sure works, but I'm not sure when it will be applied to all the molds. Heck it might be something totally diff!
they had night shift destroyers as well.
What do the night shift discs feel like?
I think that the S stands for star, as in star plastic
It's Star plastic, but my Orc was very rigid. Hardley any flex in the dome. The dome part accually seems thicker than any Star plastic I've felt.
No I think the star symbol stands for star, but thanks for trying. Its looks like this on the back S/*ds
Is it for the new stabalization process that INNOVA is doing with some runs of select discs? The star symbol only designates star plastic. Ask Dave Dunnipace on the PDGA discussion site under Equipment.
ALL THIS IS NEW TO ME!!! SOMEONE SEND ME A SITE TO BUY THIS STUFF!!!!! I WANT ALL OVERSTABLE THE MORE OVER THE BETTER I HAVE A FAST WHIP OFF MY THROW. tHE MORE OVERSTABLE I GET THE BETTER. i CAN FLIP A STAR BOSS 172
The Night Shift discs are a limited run (A little over 100 were made) Also, they are not cheap. Not sure when the full production runs will start?
All Champion Bosses and Destroyers are being made this way now. The Champion Bosses are readily available. The Champion Destroyers are available through a tournament fund raising program. Not sure about the Orcs at this point. The weights available on the Champion drivers are fairly restricted. 172-175 for the Boss and 169-175 for the Destroyers. Overstable Stars are available in the lighter weight ranges of these models using a different process. A 167 Star Boss is more stable than a 175 Star Boss because of this process.
I purchased a 167 star boss and like it more then any other Boss i have purchased. I get the added speed and distance without the unexpected flip mid flight. My first run was a fun disc, but not for golf! i had no idea were it would end up, but it was always a blast watching it in the air. Thanks for the Star Boss Dave!
John Kirkland had a first run boss with a minor defect on the bottom rim, it was fairly understable but i threw it with about 70 percent power and it was awesome, hands down the farthest flying object i have ever seen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968