www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. The closest disc golf course is 65 miles away in any direction. I would love to buy land and build a course here but until then I have to travel. There are 3 that I can play at, and I have played about 18-54 holes a week all summer starting this year. I have 4 baskets at my house and play a little in the yard. I Probably have about 1 350 ft hole, a 220 ft hole and a couple putting baskets. Since I aspire to be pretty good someday rather soon and It is near impossible to have a local friend that is a pro. I was hoping to ask a few questions to help me put everything in perspective...
I was wondering what kind of scores you pro players shoot?
What about a bad rd?
How far do you throw?
Do you throw all kinds of shots really well, or just one way exceptionally well?
What shots do you throw with confidence in tournaments?
Do you practice putting daily?
What is the maximum range that you feel you make 80% of your putts?
How old are you?
What in your opinion is the key to your success?
I don't want to limit this post to only pro players, feel free to answer only things you are comfortable with. Actually if you have some good questions feel free to add them... Thanks, I plan on answering these myself as well

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't have asked for a better response... Thanks a lot I hope you open the door for some debates or added insights!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^BEST IN THE WORLD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guy never misses.

Seriously you are pissed by not hitting a 50fter yet you still haven't cashed? Sounds like more consistent drives are needed.
I was wondering what kind of scores you pro players shoot?
I'm good with rounds in the forties on 6500+/- foot courses

What about a bad rd?

There are no bad rounds...just rounds in the 60's

How far do you throw?

Pretty solid for about 250 feet...occasionally crack one close to 400

Do you throw all kinds of shots really well, or just one way exceptionally well?
Backhand slight hyzer is my bread and butter....fairly efficient with a few shorter range specialty shots.

What shots do you throw with confidence in tournaments?

Again the backhand is natural and the basic shot for me.

Do you practice putting daily?

I should putt more....do try to play everyday if I can.

What is the maximum range that you feel you make 80% of your putts?
20 feet 7 n 7/16's inches...lol

How old are you?
42...I think

What in your opinion is the key to your success?
Playing every round like it counts !!!
Well, gee thanks for the encouragement! I've only played in 3 Pro events........Was I supposed to cash? It has nothing to do with my physical game, it's all mental at this point!!!!!! I have the game to win, I just don't have the mind to keep me in it after one round!
and yes i'm pissed when I don't hit a 50 ft. putt.........yet I blow it off and go to the next shot!!!
I am pissed about missing them too its just how you said you almost considered them a gimmie that made me laugh.

I know what you mean and sometimes the long ones do come easy but if you are hitting those putts and throwing 400+ accurately you will shoot decent rounds even if you do have mental mistakes.

When I moved up I missed cash at my 1st few events too and it took a while to get to where I cash more consistently.

Normally I have one bad round and then claw my way back towards the top so I know what you mean about blowing a tournament because of one round.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968