www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Michele Cozzens (That's her on the left.) is well known to the wider disc golf community as owner, with her husband Mike, of the Sandy Point Disc Golf Resort in Wisconsin. I happened upon this blog post of hers - she's a writer - and thoug... Please, if you go to her blog and comment, especially if you disagree, extend the "niceness" of DGRUS to your comments there!
After asking several questions about the format, scoring, the check-in procedure (which would be “impossible” for him because he works two jobs—blah-blah-blah—) he wanted to know about payout. “Now, I don’t mean to be modest (?), dear, but I noticed there’s nothing on your website about payout,” he said.

“Well that’s because we have no way of knowing what the payout will be until we have a final figure on the number of competitors. But the payout will be in line for the requirements of a PDGA A-tier event for the pros and B-tier event for the amateurs.”

“What kind of cash are we talking?”

“Amateurs don’t receive cash awards in PDGA events. It would compromise their amateur status. Instead they receive merchandise vouchers that are redeemable in our pro shop.”

“Well, that’s not right,” he said.

Tags: tournament director

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

burn out burn out 1% do all the work
I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Just let it roll off your back. Heck he could have called Honey. Heck, news flash here.......the world is full of a$$ wipes. Why waist your energy on them. You can either let it ruin your day or soak in all the good that's around you.
It's funny that so many times you get complaints of how things should be. It's also funny that those complaints often come from the same people. Funnier yet is the fact that those complainers are the same people who never step up to the plate to help. They will always find what you didn't do or should have done. If you say blue they say red. You truly have to have thick skin to run any kind of event in our sport. You need to let this kind of stuff just go in one ear and out the other. We have so many great people in our sport to worry about the few who want to complain. I think it was the Jackson 5 who sang "one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch". So let it roll off your shoulder and keep you head high, be thankful for the many people who do help and make it enjoyable.
Waist your energy on them?
When you run an event, they come to you.
Yes sir, the love of the sport and the satisfaction of knowing at the end of the day, you did a good job and ran the event the best you could. But even that grows weary over time.
Agreed, life is way too short to get too worked up over someone else. You just have to find your niche, and sometimes the headaches aren't worth it. But we as disc golfers should ask ourselves why we continue to lose directors when a little gratitude would go a long way.
I hear ya. Since I'm limited in my tournament play. I will sometimes help out our TD for the local tournament (Chuck Freedlum Mem.) I guess what I'm trying to convey. Is that there are way more possitive people then the a$$holes at any given tournament and I just try and feed off of that as much as possible. I know everybody has there own limit on how much they can take. I myself am HIGHLY allergic to a$$holes, but why let them win and f@#! up your fun and enjoyment of a tournament.
Wow, I thought I was the only person on earth that claimed to be allergic to assholes! There is another!!! We should start a support group. If there is two of us, I'd bet there are more.
I have no doubt about that!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968