www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

am playing in a tournament Saturday. It will be 18 holes of steady ed and 9 of the Jim Warner and that other one forget name. I have never played, but heard great things. I will be bringing my son also. Also heard they have a pro shop. Anything I should know about the course on what disc to bring. Do I need everydisc in my bag or is it a fairly open course minis the Jim Warner. Thanks

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only played Steady Ed,but I would suggest bringing every disc.They do have a nice pro shop.Very demanding courses.Ive heard Warner is the toughest and Steady Ed the easiest,but wouldnt call it easy by no means.Played steady with a Pro who usally is about 6 to 8 down on most courses and struggled to come out flat.
Water is SUPER high from the recent flooding in GA. So the Steady Ed course may eat a disc or two. As for specific discs bring all of your max distance drivers. Warner and Jackson will test your D! You will sometimes drive twice at your max d and still not see the baskets. Zigzagging through the woods you will go with double doglegs in the forest. Sweet! Fairways are big as far as wooded holes go and some times you have two choices with "islands" of trees and brush. Get the cannon out! On the opposite side of things the Steady Ed course you can actually see the baskets for ace runs.
I live about 10 mins from the IDGC...ED is under water rite now but should be ok for the tournament ...ed well be in all short so you should have fun par is 60 ..werner is a great course the best one at the idgc.. jaskson is a beast you have to be rite on the money on your drives and your up shots .....and yes there well be big trees in the middle of the fairway for you to hit ....play safe and smart you well be ok ...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968