www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing dg for about 5 weeks.  My average drive is 200 feet.  I do not care if I have a noodle arm, but what I don't need is disc golf keyboard elitists spouting off about "noodle arms with their Katanas and Grooves".  Show some support.

On the course do you see somone learning and say "fuckin' noob, learn how to throw an Ape, stop throwin' that Nuke you fucking bum"?  No.  Nine times out of ten an experienced dg'er doesn't care, he's more than willing to give tips, and he could not be a nicer guy. 

But behind the keyboard some of you guys are just complete elitist pricks.  You probably exaggerate your drive distance, tell fake stories about aces you've never made.  I don't know if these things are true, but the way you act certainly leaves a person with any semblance of rationality to believe so.

Some of you behave as if you don't want this game to grow.  Like being above the "noobs" gives you some kind of status.  Well, it doesn't.  Your just a disc golfer.  Like me, the 5 week novice with the 200 ft drive.  We both love the same thing, but your need to feel some kind of false superiority is preventing you from identifying with me because of the anonymity offered by the internet.

Treat us newcomers and novices the way you would have wanted to be treated when you were starting out.  I highly doubt most professionals would have this negative attitude towards new players, because they love the sport enough to want to see it grow.  You should too. 

Moral:  Don't be dicks, give us noobs some tips.

Thank you.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know why but the wide rim helps my release point.  I'm actually hitting around 240 with my Vulcan now in calm wind.  I just go to an open field and throw every day I can for an hour or two, and the other day with calm wind I put my Vulcan past the basket on a 236 ft hole and putted for birdie.  My form is unorthodox, no stepping up, just butt to basket starting with all my weight on my back foot, pivot off the right foot as I swing around letting my body weight whip my upper arm past my chest, then follow out with the rest of my arm and the pivot just does the work, all I need my hand and wrist to do is hold the angle, snap and release as my weight shifts fully to my pivot foot.  I just wish I could throw a disc like I can a football, not distance wise but ability wise.  My best standing throw of a football was 62 yards.  One would think I could throw a disc better than I do, but disc golf is not an easy sport by any means, but I friggin love it.
Try to throw overhand...Tomahawk....Thumber

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968