www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The ION Putter from Maple Valley Plastics is an over-molded putter. Pretty unique design, but I guess that's the way things are going now that almost every "normal" disc design has been created. Anybody tried one out yet? I siphoned one off for myself but haven't been able to use it yet, though in the few living room tosses I've had it seems pretty straight, just as advertised.

If you want to pick one up we have them at Hazardiscs.com for $14.95 a piece (lowest price on eBay). Check them out by clicking on this link: http://stores.ebay.com/Hazardiscs-Disc-Golf/_i.html?_nkw=ion&_s...

Here's what MVP has to say about them:

We have introduced a unique, innovative putter into the disc golf market called the Ion. The Ion is a straight-flying putter with a lot of glide that has an over-molded edge. This over-molded edge allows for a choice in flexibilities and firmnesses without sacrificing a desired soft, tacky outside edge. A softer outside edge will aid in grabbing the chains and dropping into the basket.

In addition to its unique over-mold design is the comfortable grip of the disc. The edge where the flight plate meets the rim is rounded, so you fingers conform to the disc when you hold it. We produce the Ion in our Proton line of plastic. We use polyurethane for our plastics, which is a polymer widely known for being one of the most durable plastics available in the disc golf market. The unique advantage about the polyurethane we have available to us, is we have a vast variety of flexibilities of polyurethane. We can produce our discs in a wide range of flexibilities to suit all needs of all player preferences.

Tags: Ion, maple, molded, mvp, over, plastics, putter, unique, valley

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry 2 in my bag.  I love them for putting.  I still haven't used one for driving though.
There are a few dg'ers here in SWFL that use the ION.Good info from the MVP write up,grabs chain for that money putt.
I like the polyurethane flight plate's feel; gives a good amount of grip, though the rubberish ring could be a little softer in my opinion.
love my ION!!!

I have really wanted to try one, but I made a rule for myself a long time ago to never change my putters again. I was changing putters way to often and it was throwing off my game. 

Is the flight pattern similar to any other putters on the market? 

Just ordered a Soft and Medium (sorry, not from you). Looking forward to throwing them.
"Meesah sad." - Sorry, that was my best Jar Jar Binks.
super straight!
Love 'em. Pretty excited about the MVP Vector coming though.. !
I second that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968