www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Me and some friends launched a FREE disc golf scoring app for iPhone today. It's called Discasaurus and it features lightning-fast scoring and a nationwide course directory. We also have a matching website at http://discasaurus.com where registered users can post scores directly from the mobile app, manage favorites, and view scores being posted nearby.

For the bloggers and site owners, we offer a recent scores widget (see the link on your Discasaurus user profile) that can help you share your disc golf activity on other sites (HTML code provided).

Still not convinced? Check out the app review over at Dogleg Disc Golf. We hope you like the app, and we are all ears for comments and suggestions for improvements.

Tags: discasaurus, iphone, mobile, scorekeeping

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When does it come out for Android?!
Hi Nick - The Android version has been in development for several months now and we hope to launch it this summer. Like the iPhone version, it will allow you to locate courses nearby and post your scored directly to your discasaurus.com user profile.
Awesome.
Nice to see you've got it done! I have an Android so I'll be waiting on that version!
VERY COOL! That sounds Awesome. Now, all I have to do is get an iPhone or Android!

I just downloaded the app, and it looks great!

I was just wondering how I can access my local courses.  It doesn't seem to have them in the course directory.  I tried updating the course directory, but it didn't seem to add any of the courses in the 63141 (St. Louis) area.

Thanks for any help!

Yep. Not working. It's supposed to go to a screen to select your state for courses. Wonder how long it will take to fix.

Thanks for the feedback guys! New courses are added/updated by clicking the Settings icon within the app. If we're missing some courses in your area, please send me a note with whatever specifics you have. I'll try to get them added this week. We have a new course creation interface but it's not user friendly enough for public use yet.

@Atrain, once you have selected the active players for a game, you have to swipe the screen sideways to select a course location and layout. After you do that, hitting Start will bring up the scoring interface. Sorry for the confusion on that. We've got another version pending approval in the App Store that has little swipe indicators that make the initial user experience much more intuitive and effective.

Also, if you increment a score too much, you can tap and hold on that player tile to reset that player's score to zero for a given hole.

Thanks dave. I got that now. :)

But, I only see courses in MI and CA.

Are you also working on a Windows Phone 7 version?
Same issues already mentioned here... I live in the Indianapolis area, and there are several courses (especially on North side of Indy) missing from the database.  Other than that, looks to be a great app and I look forward to using it.  Thanks

If you do a very quick double consecutive tap with two different fingers, it subtracts a stroke. very cool!

I am not seeing the same state selection area as what's on the Dog Leg Review page.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968