www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Me and some friends launched a FREE disc golf scoring app for iPhone today. It's called Discasaurus and it features lightning-fast scoring and a nationwide course directory. We also have a matching website at http://discasaurus.com where registered users can post scores directly from the mobile app, manage favorites, and view scores being posted nearby.

For the bloggers and site owners, we offer a recent scores widget (see the link on your Discasaurus user profile) that can help you share your disc golf activity on other sites (HTML code provided).

Still not convinced? Check out the app review over at Dogleg Disc Golf. We hope you like the app, and we are all ears for comments and suggestions for improvements.

Tags: discasaurus, iphone, mobile, scorekeeping

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Dave, for your prompt responses!  I can tell you are extremely intent on getting the app working for everyone!  If I had a request for some course creations, I would give you this list (in order of importance)...

1.Jefferson Barracks Park (1 set of tees, 4 pins/hole)

2.Endicott Park (1 set of tees, 4 pins/hole)

3.Sioux Passage Park (same)

4.Creve Coeur Lake Park (same)

5.White Birch Park (Pro Tee/Am Tee, 1 pin/hole)

There are also a bunch of other courses around the St. Louis area that would be cool to see in the future, but I would LOVE to see these courses added first and foremost (as would most other STL golfers).

Thanks for all of your help!

Those are there on their directory on the website. Are the courses you get only in MI and CA?
The version reviewed on Dog Leg disc golf should hit the app store soon. It is just a more recent version than the one currently in the app store. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your patience!

Kory, thanks for your interest. In a past job, I was a mobile computing researcher, so WP7 is definitely on my radar... especially with the Nokia partnership. The reality of the matter is that the platform needs a stronger user base to attract third party developers with limited resources. Only time will tell on that, but it's good to know that at least one person wants WP7 support.

As an aside, if Microsoft ever implements a webkit-based web browser (like iOS, Android, and newer BB devices), you'll be able to use a mobile web app version of Discasaurus when we launch it (probably after Android, but we'll see how the demand shifts).

Yes, on the phone app I am only showing MI and CA courses in the directory.  I thought the discrepancy betweeen the website and actual phone app was strange too.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I didn't allow the app to "set its location" when it was first installed, which I never allow an app to do.  Maybe I am just being too careful...
Okey doke. I assume that's when I'll get the ability to use on courses here in SC. No biggie. I really like the interface. Very quick = more throwing, less phoning.

I am one of the developers, and I hope you all can bear with the Discasaurus team as we try to get everyone set up. There is a discrepancy between the app course directory vs. the one on our site because the version in the app store now can only update Michigan and California using data from our site. The version that is pending in the app store offers ALL the States (international is on the way) in a picker within the course directory update screen. If you check out the review at Dogleg Disc Golf, you'll see the latest version that should hit the Apple App store soon (this week we hope).

FYI, the Discasaurus team gets a note when Apple approves our latest version, so I'll post here as soon as that happens. Apologies for the strange release schedule. Apple controls the distribution, so we're kind of at their mercy. At least we already have it out in the app store so the chances of rejection are very small.

I just uploaded it and will give it a try tomorrow...
The app launched today and there is already someone that has posted 24 scores...

Dave can you add courses to the MI and CA databases and make them available now?

If so, could you "create" a course called "000 disc golf," or anything that starts with zero to get it to the top of the list, and give it 18 par 3 holes? That way we could go ahead and use your app without it being uploaded to an actual course's scores.

That's a great idea. However, it would necessitate some score-to-course reconciliation later on (trades one problem for another). Just between you, me, and the entire Internet, the status of our App Store submission went to "In Review" yesterday. Experience with previous submissions suggest that it will be approved or rejected in the next 24-48 hours.

I hope it's clear that getting a usable app in your hands is top priority for the Discasaurus team right now. With just a bit more patience we can start you off right on Discasaurus v0.17, and avoid any weirdness in the score history/course directory.

The newest version of Discasaurus just became available an hour ago. If you downloaded yesterday, you'll want to update it for all the fixes, including:

-Nationwide course directory

-Indicators for swipe-able screens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968