www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Me and some friends launched a FREE disc golf scoring app for iPhone today. It's called Discasaurus and it features lightning-fast scoring and a nationwide course directory. We also have a matching website at http://discasaurus.com where registered users can post scores directly from the mobile app, manage favorites, and view scores being posted nearby.

For the bloggers and site owners, we offer a recent scores widget (see the link on your Discasaurus user profile) that can help you share your disc golf activity on other sites (HTML code provided).

Still not convinced? Check out the app review over at Dogleg Disc Golf. We hope you like the app, and we are all ears for comments and suggestions for improvements.

Tags: discasaurus, iphone, mobile, scorekeeping

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SOOOO SWEET!!!!

I still think it would be good to have a generic 18 holes of par 3 because any time we play a course that isn't on there, I'm going to use another course. Then, that will mess up that course's stats. Maybe there is a "note" section on the generic one where people can add a name. I really like how you can subtract a stroke, but it's hard to describe how to do it. Hopefully, people figure it out.

Thanks Dave!!

just for iphone , or will it work with the ipod touch ? got it for the touch when i go out this weekend will give ya feed back on the app ,much appreciated
i use a regular golf card app on my ipod for that my friend its called golfscorecard ,hope that helps
Yep, it'll work on your iPod touch just fine. It won't put your scores online (unless you're somehow connected to WiFi), but you'll have a local score history in the app.

I'm psyched that you like Discasaurus, and I really appreciate all the feedback. Accurate course info is one of the biggest challenges for us. I think of them like a huge garden. Most things doesn't require much maintenance, but the whole system is constantly growing and changing. My small team doesn't have the local awareness that our users do so in the future, it might make sense to crowdsource the creation/updates so that you (the user) can help improve the app directly. In software development this is powerful stuff, but it'd difficult to execute well (e.g. dgcoursereview).

When it comes to supporting users in-the-moment, your idea could fit the bill. This is one of those things that we need to get right the first time so this definitely warrants some discussions within the Discasaurus team about options and inter-dependencies.

I hope folks continue to spread the word and give feedback like you @Atrain, and I look forward to seeing some scores pop up on the Discasaurus website this weekend. Have great rounds this week everyone!

I've paid for Apps that aren't this good! Love the Discasaurus website!

Lake Mendocino in Ukiah, CA. has two courses, North (9 holes, 1 set of tees, long and short pins), and South which you have already.

Thank you very much!

Hey I have an idea for a new app, but do not know how to go about it.

My wife has had 3 kids, and you know the time where things are just a little off and they think, it's time for a pregnancy test! So why not an App where they can pee on their IPHONE to find out? I think you should make this app, but only for IPHONE as I dont think peeing on Androids would be right!

Hahaha, I'm already having a great day and this idea was icing on the cake. Message received: you want an Android version.
Thanks for the tip craggydread. Update your California course directory via the settings screen in the app and you'll be all set. http://www.discasaurus.com/course-locations/lake-mendocino
Great! Thanks and score posted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968