www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We've developed a temp 18-hole Lakeshore Gold Course that will be marked on this Saturday only - http://www.discgolfersr.us/events/lakeshore-gold-throw-your-arm - for fun play to see how it works out, with a random draw for prizes for those who throw the entire thing. By combining some holes and moving some tees, we've got 18 holes that total 10,680 feet in length. That's two miles of throwing distance.

Is that too long? Is it any fun to have a 1,340-foot hole that a red level player might take 10 throws to complete?

Finally, the updated map and scorecard!

Tags: ", , gold, lakeshore, , course, design, gold', lakeshore, long

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right you are, Mark. We'll be working on this. Saturday's scores will help with that.

Ben and I played Kensington's Black Locust Course today. What fun. I threw a +1 on 1-18 and a +10 on 19-27. Ben complained about "lefty holes" the entire time :)

He got a very easy 3 on 27, which was pretty amazing.

Nice finish to the day when we visited Discraft's HQ on the way home.
Well it's only the most shot-type biased course in Michigan. Good holes mostly, just so imbalanced.
Try 9 holes of the monster course first.
If goes well, then try the next 9.
Treat it as 2 rounds.
depends on if the 1340 ft hole is a par 5 or par 6.
par 4 duh (lol)
haha :)
10 throws on a hole is not only not fun, it's not really golf. The first 6-8 throws are just a hike (interrupted by hard, no-reason-to-aim throws) to get to the point where you can actually start to play.
I would love it, I love long courses. What is the par on it?
I myself don't have the arm to go distants. I like lake Shore but I don't have the arm for it, so I don't play it as much I should play it.
If you don't enjoy throwing discs in to the OPEN air and watching them fly, then why did you even come out? Of course 2 miles isn't too long Terry! If it is too long you are either too old or restricted by time to play. I hope I make it out, probably not, but it's still possible. Learn to throw a roller or go to Bandemer or MBD on Saturday if you don't like throwing bombs. THANKS TERRY!! PAR 54 duh!
ive played longer, Milo Mciver in Oregon is over 12k from the pros and is AWESOME. But i have to agree with mark, if its that long and wide open..... :(
I'm going to give it a try. I'm up for the challenge!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968