www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it better to drive with a few particular drivers or use whatever if it fits the shot

I find that I throw some discs more dependably than others. (Go figure huh! lol) But is it better to throw the disc that matches flight of the shot or to throw "your" disc.

Question really is this:

Sometimes i throw 8-9 different drivers in a round. I'd say i feel real comfortble with 3 of em, but the flight patterns of the others make them the right disc for the shot. Do you stick to a couple discs to handle your tee work or does the whole determine what you throw?

Also, how do you know that a certain type of disc is too fast for you?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I visualize the flight path and match the disc to that path.
In the end it's not the arrow but the indian. You gotta have commitment and confidence in the shot .
Class dismissed...go out and play ! ;-)
I think that it's best to carry enough drivers so that you have as many available as you need. That being said I generally rely on probably three drivers for the majority of my shots. Banshee, Star TeeBird and Sidewinder. Overstable, stable, understable. Pulled out the TeeBird yesterday, put it on the right line and got an ace.

The other drivers in my bag are there for when I need them. Some of my drivers did not get used yesterday. Didn't use the Raging Inferno because I didn't have a real headwind shot and I didn't have to throw a forehand roller. But the disc is there in case I need it. That is the point. Learn those three or four discs really well and learn how to throw them on a couple of different lines. But if there is a certain disc that sets up for a certain shot, you want that disc available.

I believe that the best players can be creative when they need to. They maybe know how to throw a few of their discs in different ways, but they also know how to throw some other discs when the situation calls for it. This all comes back to the mental part of the game and the ability to use the grey matter inside your head at the right time.
Im definitely I fan of using just a few molds. I throw Leopards, TBirds, Boss' and Rocs. But my leopards are SALAD. I carry a couple ole "Pro Line" Leos not to be confused with "Pro" as well as a CE (stable) and a Star version for more understable shots. I can throw Bombs with them, The Boss just seems to get there quicker. A disc might be to fast for you if it doesnt do what its supposed to. Say your high speed drivers are acting reaaaaal stable to soon in flight. Just ah throw what you KNOW!
Also the KC Aviar is the best putter in disc golf. personal opinion w.e

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968