www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay your playing a round and a disc flies past you and lands upside down. The name on the disc is yours, a disc you lost. How would you handle the situation?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I expect to get it back. That is why I put my name on it.
We have a giant lost and found lock box on our Kiosk at our course. if your name is on it, most humans will put it in there and you can get it back at Tags- or any time someone with a key is at the course ( BOD members, mostly). That said- we also have jerks who will walk by your disc on the course and pick it up while it is IN PLAY and put it in their bag.
as for me- if I see someone throwing my plastic ,I point out the lost and found box and then I claim it and take it back and give them something from my bag that I dont throw so much. If they bought it from the course homeless guy, I either trade them for it, or let it go.
Pond fetchers deserve rewards- but should attempt to return plastic that is labeled.

If I saw my disc at Play it again Sports I would tell them it was stolen property- and ask for it back. They keep records and will most likely not buy anything from that person again.
We dont have water at my home course, but I did throw a disc on top of a passing train once- even though it had my name on it, I never got it back.

AND, finally when someone from my course goes to PawPaw, they often come back with a pond disc to return to someone. record for longest time in pond goes to a blue cyclone 149 flung in there by Dr Bob about 12 years ago.
I would ask for it back and they said no I would walk away because in reality they did nothing wrong it was my dumbass that lost the disc!!!
Tonight, I had a nice crush returned, It had my name and phone number on it, crossed out. I will eventually return to you. There are good souls out there who do not want your disc. When they return reward the returner with a disc that they like and you don't. Problem solved. If you need it, it will return.

Dr. Steve, the disc whisperer

Brandon Swanson said:
Yeddie VanHalen said:
You'd have to be extremely lucky to have this happen. I don't have experience with this so I'm not sure how I'd react. I think I'd want my disc back. I wouldn't expect it, but I'd want it. I'd wait for them to come looking for the disc & then I'd discuss it with them.
If they were cool I might let them keep it. If they stole it out of my bag then....

...Bruce Lee time??
back in 1976 I had the opportunity to cut the hair of Eddie Van Halen. They wanted me to do it for free, and I told their manager to have their mother pay for it. I could have cut the hair of the band Van Halen. What an idiot I was. Oh well, sometimes life sucks, and sometimes you hit an 80 footer.

Dr. Steve

Steve McLean said:
Tonight, I had a nice crush returned, It had my name and phone number on it, crossed out. I will eventually return to you. There are good souls out there who do not want your disc. When they return reward the returner with a disc that they like and you don't. Problem solved. If you need it, it will return.

Brandon Swanson said:
Yeddie VanHalen said:
You'd have to be extremely lucky to have this happen. I don't have experience with this so I'm not sure how I'd react. I think I'd want my disc back. I wouldn't expect it, but I'd want it. I'd wait for them to come looking for the disc & then I'd discuss it with them.
If they were cool I might let them keep it. If they stole it out of my bag then....

...Bruce Lee time??
Just give the person five dollars and be done with it. Otherwise use your next best disc and kick some ass with it. enuf said.

Dr. Steve

Brandon Swanson said:
Yeddie VanHalen said:

...Bruce Lee time??
I would ask if I could get my disc back, if they didnt want to give it back to me, I would figure they needed it more then I do. I've been lucky so far, I havent lost a disc yet. I found a disc in stoughton, I sent the guy a message on this site,he hasnt contacted me yet if he doesnt I'll call him.
Yeah, I wish you could've cut my hair man. The guy they ended up with was a real gerbil. "Mr. Mullet" they called him. LOL

Steve McLean said:
back in 1976 I had the opportunity to cut the hair of Eddie Van Halen. They wanted me to do it for free, and I told their manager to have their mother pay for it. I could have cut the hair of the band Van Halen. What an idiot I was. Oh well, sometimes life sucks, and sometimes you hit an 80 footer.

Dr. Steve

Steve McLean said:

Brandon Swanson said:
Yeddie VanHalen said:

...Bruce Lee time??
I would pick it up. It is yours. I try to call all mine back. I once was on the other side though. I found a star eagle with no name on it. I stuck it in my bag and the next week played with the owner of it. He was telling me how he just bought it, and lost it on his first game. He had the color, hole and weight down before I even open my bag up. He was excited to get it back and more amazed that I gave it back. I just told him that is what I would want to happen if I lost one. I mean if i really want one I will go get one, which I did after he let me try it out some.
you would get it fished out or the DNR would fine you a shitload and force to get it out anyway. but i agree you left it for dead, no longer yours!
Brandon Swanson said:
Okay, I thought of a way to illustrate my second situation that goes along with Ben's great Walmart example.

So instead of losing your car in the Walmart parking lot, you drove it into a lake (or a more common Wisconsin instance...your snowmobile). You decide not to pay to have the vehicle fished out (that's gotta be an embarrassing moment of admission of stupidity). Later do you go after it when you see someone driving down the road with it, assuming of course it still works?
ha ah ha ha ha ha, you threw a pink disc! jk. hope you didnt buy a pink disc.lol

Richard A Rudzena said:
so i had this pink first run destroyer with the star stamp... loved how it flew!!! but as a dumb ass i threw it a little too high into a left right and the bitch flipped on me. only to land ontop of a HS in IN. So as what any one else would do i went into the school tried to find a janitor and he said they would go up and get it the next time they did something to the AC units. It had my name and phone number on it.
Only to the the following week and tuesday night dubs. A pink first run destroyer land by my feet.. The kid that threw it was like man im sorry... Walks up so i say "Hey can i look at that thing?" of course he said sure... Sure enough my name and number was on the back.. I offerd to even pay him a small reward of like 5 bucks to get it back... And this kid just wouldnt have so i said to myself Hey its just a disc.... If hes gonna be a jerk about it then so be it....
And with that i say!!!!! Chuck Chuck Chuck Damn Chuckersssss

Sincerely
Dubble Standard
Your Disc is Your Disc !!
Legal aspect of finders keepers....let's see, I think I will have to consult my 5 year old nephew.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968