www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been wondering some opinions for when your on a PUBLIC course..
you hit an ace...
is it ok to put a name/date on either the post or the back of the sign...
just curious if its frowned upon, i'm not sure cause i love seein someones name and kinda sharing there excitment especially on the crazy holes...

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never seen that and hope I never do pure course defacement plain and simple public or private.
Dr. Zaius said:
the question is WHY would you do that??? what's the point? do you have to show the world that you aced that hole?
it's called modesty which is an important part of the game. sign YOUR disc and call it good for christ's sake. I've never seen a basket out here with a name on it and i hope to god i never do.

with that said i am against this idea. ;)

hard to tell %^)
Here in Finland I have heard everywhere that it's okay to sing the band of the basket IF AND ONLY IF you make an ace IN A TOURNAMENT.. but still almost all beginners write their names and some other sh*t on the band, it drives nuts when you're puttin and there's "HEHE" written on the band. Names on the band doesn't disturb if they're thrown in a tournament, the size and style tells if it's written in a tournamen coz' almost all those that aren't are half of the band sized and 1ft wide.
Plain and simple, NO! have everyone sign your disc and leave the equipment alone.
never sign a basket sign ur disc date time & course
no need to "liten up" and take our buzz out of our anus's. it's wrong. period.

maybe it would be cool if I came and wrote my name on your car too. what? no? liten up dude!

haha.
eric beich said:
no need to "liten up" and take our buzz out of our anus's. it's wrong. period.

maybe it would be cool if I came and wrote my name on your car too. what? no? liten up dude!

haha.

if you hit it in one shot from 350 feet away, by all means, key your name in the hood!
vandalism is vandalism no matter what the motivation. if i were to catch someone defacing equipment at a course where i have put in countless hours both laboring AND attempting to present disc golf in the proper light to the parks department/local government i would put my foot so far up their arse they would taste shoe leather.
man, i guess it is a michigan thing. good thing i live here!
Still on the sign the basket ticket.. I can totally see both sides of the argument and agree with alot of what is said.. but tradition is tradition..
I was also wondering about the whole REGIONAL traditions concept.. Everyone I play with here not only signs the basket and disc after a ace but also the witness's to the ace pay out a instant 5$ for the ace. I've even walked up to strangers on courses and pay'd them their 5$.. So I was wondering if that was a tradition anywhare else and what other wacky traditions were out there...
If it's a nice tournament course with fresh, graphic laden baskets then I would say no. What I don't like to see is incoherent graffitti that has nothing to do with getting an ace. Definitely not signing anything other than old baskets. And yes signing the disc is probably the only way to please everyone. I see signing a lot at courses before I get there, makes it hard not to sign your own when you see that. We've got some old baskets around here that are flaking paint and on the way down as it is... Shouldn't matter much when the baskets are crumbling. But again, if it means that much to that many then I will have to keep signing my disc only...
Gabriel said:
Still on the sign the basket ticket.. I can totally see both sides of the argument and agree with alot of what is said.. but tradition is tradition..
I was also wondering about the whole REGIONAL traditions concept.. Everyone I play with here not only signs the basket and disc after a ace but also the witness's to the ace pay out a instant 5$ for the ace. I've even walked up to strangers on courses and pay'd them their 5$.. So I was wondering if that was a tradition anywhare else and what other wacky traditions were out there...

Typically if we witness an ACE we are supposed to pony up $5.00. If a drive hits metal it's a buck. Chains are $2.00.
My own signed basket deal: When I hit my one & only ACE I signed the inside of the basket with the date & my initials in very small writing (all the guys in my group signed the disc too). I had seen ACE signatures on baskets before so I thought it was OK. Later on I heard people talking about "defacement of public property", etc. I felt bad about signing the basket but what's done is done. When (if) I make my next ACE I will sign the disc only. I don't think it's a big deal but just the same I will not sign a basket again to show respect.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968