www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been wondering some opinions for when your on a PUBLIC course..
you hit an ace...
is it ok to put a name/date on either the post or the back of the sign...
just curious if its frowned upon, i'm not sure cause i love seein someones name and kinda sharing there excitment especially on the crazy holes...

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's pretty simple guys, it doesn't belong to you, as stated at the beginning of this thread, PUBLIC property
show a little respect for something besides yourself and your ace
This is something that I've never even thought of.....and maybe it's because I've never aced a hole. But it does give me pause to think about it. If any of you have been following a topic I started about making a course.....this is something maybe I'll consider adding.....possibly something along the lines of for any verifiable aces a small brass plate, listing the hole #, the date and the person who did it (like you would find on a trophy or traveling placque)....that could be added to a larger board with all other verifiable aces. Hmmmmmm.....not a bad idea.....I'll give it some thought.
If you get an Ace Sign the disc you made it with NOT the Basket
plain and simple, NO
This guy got carried away.
Attachments:
Now we had this disc-cussion before, My favorite part(of the two) is "keying the car". Now that sounds like fun....loads!!!! Bahahahaha!!!! :)
I hear that it is frowned upon and considered vandalism. But I did it for my first one. If I owned a course, I wouldn't care honestly. It is a right of passage and a nice badge to sport for those that follow you.
I play in Kansas and haven't been playing that long and have never had an ace but I have never seen a tag on a basket or sign. When someone mentions vandalism of property much worse things come to mind then a tag with a sharpie on the basket. I would have a problem with it being on the sign for obvious reasons but I think it would be pretty cool to see all of the aces marked on the baskets at my home course. It's not like they are spray painting anything or physically destroying anything. It adds a little character to the different holes at your course- like the 250' hole with a hundred tags on it and the 400' hole with significantly less. I guess maybe you could post it at the course you maintain like you would a "no littering" sign if it bothers you that much. Of course, I wouldn't be the first one to do it at my home course if I ever do get an ace.
One last time......do it around here.......and they'll never find the body!! lmao!!!
Do not sign the basket!! I don't care if you aced it. Sign the disc, and if it is that important to you show me the disc!!
NO. Although other people do it, your ace is for you, not other people. I would be ecstatic to get an ace (hopefully I'll get my first one soon), but have you ever seen a signed basket, or map, and said "WOW, that person is so great!" No one ever does, because the ace is important to you.

Sign your disc, not other's property.
I say yes, but the City of Louisville and it's uptight golfers say NO!
I wish someone would come here and take the corn cobs out of everyones butts.......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968